Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ok I'm starting

ok I'm starting

ok I'm starting it. I read every page on the internet about it now I think.

I have emetophobia so I'm so scared it might cause vomitting. even though it doesn't say that anywhere and I've read hundreds of reviews not mentioning it. the shrink said it's never made any of his patients sick in ten years. what more do I need to reassure me?? stupid phobia. grr

giving me more anxiety taking it than my original gad was lol.

*swallow*

I'll let you know how it goes

Re: ok I'm starting

all the best, i certainly never had any ill side effects from it and had problems with every other pill i had tried

oh well it's nearly given me a panic attack from worry about it but not noticed any effects yet.

had to take a diazepam to calm down. Grr oh well at least I'll know if it has any bad effect even if I don't know if it has any good ones

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

well I guess I'd have had some bad effects if I was gonna have some by now. been a few hours

wouldn't I?

---------- Post added at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

3 hours or so now. no side effects I think. except panic attack from worrying

---------- Post added 12-08-16 at 01:26 ---------- Previous post was 11-08-16 at 23:18 ----------

well after the panic attack passed I felt vaguely happy and chatty. but maybe I was happy cos the panic attack ended.

no side effects that I can see after 6 hours.

thanks for the help in chat when I was freaking out.

tired now zzz

Glad all seems to have went well for you

Heya Skymaid,

I recently also started Lyrica. It's been about a week at 150mg, take it for GAD and low grade OCD along with other meds. How are you doing so far? I've taken this med before and it has done its job, thing is I can't remember how long it took for it have effect.

Best of luck.

hiya. I didnt dare take another for a while. theres an other tread a made called thinking of trying again in the lyric section.

ive been on 50mg x 2 per day for a couple of weeks or so. side effects werent too bad in the end (little dizziness). the anxiety of starting them was far worse.

I cant honestly say ive noticed a huge difference yet. certainly going out doesnt seem any easier. but im below the therapeutic dose for anxiety yet anyway I think. from the trials ive seen most people needed to be on at least 200mg a day before getting a good benefit.

going up adose on monday.

do you take 75mg twice a day? is it helping much?

im not really even sure when to take them. I take 1 with breakfast and one with evening meal.

Yes I take 75mg am after breakfast and 75mg when I get home from work. I really can't say if its helping although I'm just a week in. Only side effect I get is a high sensation but not a good high....

My last anxiety episode was on January 2015, I was put on the exact meds I'm taking right now (60mg Duloxetine, 1mg Clonazepam, 150mg of Lyrica and 25mg of seroquel before bed time) and it did help me up to the point where I was quitting my meds, I got as low as 30mg Duloxetine (slowly started stopping it), 1 mg of Clonzepam and 12,5mg of Seroquel.

Well I think that was my mistake! I didn't consult my Psych (although he would have probably told me that is was ok) and my work got really stressful (and it's going to get worse or maybe its my GAD doing the talking) to the point that it caused me this episode. So here I am again crossing fingers and hoping that I will get well soon and not freak out at every stressor that life throws at you

I would ask you doctor as to when to take them

The half-life of pregabalin is short (about 6 -7 hours), so three times a day may be a good idea when starting out or changing a dose. On the other hand, I do recall seeing a study that said twice a day was just fine - so approximately at 12 hour intervals.

For me, sometimes I take most of them in the evening to help prevent waking anxiety the next day. But if I feel anxiety building through the day, I start earlier in the day. It's what works for me - not a general recommendation.

you think I should go for 50mg with breakfast then 100mg at night or just 2 75mg, or 3 lots of 50mg?.

tbh these 50mg tablets just seem to take the edge off. maybe its a bit weak.
    Last edited by skymaid; 16-10-16 at 13:35. Reason: question

Just experiment and see what dose times work best for you, as long as the daily dose is constant. Even with the short half-life, a certain level does build up in the body.

Otherwise, I would discuss increasing the dose with your doctor, particularly if you think it is helpful but not fully effective. I do suspect some early tolerance does develop after the first few days, but after that I think it is possible to get a stable therapeutic dose.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information