Thread: From venlafaxine to Seroquel xr for anxiety!!

From venlafaxine to Seroquel xr for anxiety!!

After taking venlafaxine xr 300 mlgs for 12 weeks with very poor results on my depression and anxiety, i decided to switch the venlafaxine xr to seroquel xr for anxiety and depression i did start the seroquel 50 miligrams daily 4 days ago and i would be raising to 75 miligrams tomorrow, i did start to feel a bit better on my anxiety but i will be updating this new change, I want to ask if there is anyone here taking seroquel for anxiety and depression that maybe can tell me about the effectiveness of the seroquel and maybe like how long take seroquel to work full effect on anxiety and the best dose? thank you

Re: From venlafaxine to Seroquel xr for anxiety!!

Have you just switched over or are you weaning off the venlafaxine?

Hello Shazamataz ,i am weaning off venlafaxine but i would be doing it really fast since i just been on the medication for 12 weeks so i did start on 300 mlg now i am on 150 mlgs next week 75mlg are you on seroquel ?

I tried seroquel but it didn't help with sleep or anxiety for me. I'm still on early days with venlafaxine. 40 days I think. On 112.5 and it's helped but I am exhausted :(

i know..venlafaxine and all of the meds cause just that, it makes you feel tired and sleepy but after time it fades away , venlafaxine for me works but was not enough for me i have a very bad anxiety so i am in need of more potent medication but don't get me wrong venlafaxine is very good its just that i need something more strong.
    cheers

I hope the new meds help. It's such a battle finding what works best isn't it?

I take seroquel at night and it does help with my anxiety.

Hello dale, is good to hear other other people having good results with seroquel for anxiety
    do you mind if i ask you how much do you take at night and for how long have you been taking this medication? i am asking because i want to know if seroquel alone would be enogh for me to fight my anxiety,thank you so much.
    cheers
    Last edited by Torombolo; 13-08-16 at 15:07.

Hi,

I have been taking citalopram for many years but after a relapse I saw a psych who has added in 25mg seroquel at night for anxiety. I have been sensitive to dosage changes so was told to start with half its been a week I've not had any side effects and my anxiety is still there so I think I'll go up the dose. I'd also be interested to hear anyone's results as I'm not sure whether I need to change the citalopram but the dosage has been unstable for a long time due to a dr messing about with it.

Hello Debs21uk , i have had very good results with seroquel for anxiety is very good but the the problem for me is the side effects of the med like makes me eat too much i am gaining pounds and i have notice that makes me very short tempered person likw my anxiety is under control but at the same time makes very easily angry person so i am kind of scared about it because on one side my anxiety and panic is getting under control but on the other side i am a very easily bad tempered person so..... i really don't know what to think about it?

Thread Information