Thread: any answer will be helpful

any answer will be helpful

okay so I'm new to this site but for a while now i have had a fear of having TMJ and my jaw cracking i have no idea what causes this fear but anyway I was wondering if face tightness and temple pain along with jaw pain could these be anxiety symptoms?

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya anxietygirl2010 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: any answer will be helpful

Good morning anxietygirl2010. I am not a medical professional, just another Googler with anxiety and panic issues. From what I've read, stress can be a cause along with other factors. My best advice would be to seek professional help if it's bothering you this much.

I also "assume" there are other issues that brought you to NMP about this. My advice here would also be seek professional help; anxietygirl, I more than understand difficulties in finding mental help here in the states. But exploring this site and reading others stories is a good first start. The fact that you posted means you want to get better, and that's a great place to be. Best to you anxietygirl, my hope is you find the answers you are looking for.

I have TMJ and i do get stiffness and temple pain. I also have a clicky jaw when I eat tough foods and eating something such as a French loaf can be agony.

However jaw clenching caused from anxiety could also cause that. If you do have TMJ it isn't really a big deal. I've had it for around 3 years and most of the time I forget I even have it.

Thank you to everyone who replied I believe my issues were cause my my sinuses. I went to my doctor and she told me sinuses in my nose were inflamed, she also believe that my cheek and head are caused by my sinuses as well due to the fact that when she pushed on my cheekbone it hurt and she old me that it were Maxillary sinuses are located (WHO KNEW?!) but as I have started the medication my pain is almost gone! but once again thank you to everyone to answered me it means a lot!

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Hey there fduop, you are right I do have other issues with anxiety and panic that has led me here. As of right ow I am working with a therapist to try and combat these issues and my panic.

Hi and welcome to NMP

anxietygirl2010, thank you and I'm happy to hear your getting help.

Thread Information