Thread: Ectopic beats - anyone similar?

Ectopic beats - anyone similar?

Hello all, firstly thanks to all of you for your posts. I look at them quite frequently in the middle of the night to calm me down. I'll keep his as brief as possible.

Ectopic beats for about 18 months. Linked to anxiety and panic attacks. Fully tested and all benign and they went into a sort of remission -only really been having ectopics in the week leading up to my period and thought I'd mastered them BUT new symptoms this week and wonder if anyone is similar....

I've been having treatment from an osteopath who says that my back issues have made my chest area very tight and I'm not breathing fully / properly. It also seems to have had an affect on my digestion as I'm getting indigestion and burping loads! Im now getting ectopics after eating and when I try to go to sleep / lie down. I'm also having short panic attacks and racing heart after the ectopics which always used to be the case but not recently.

Off to docs in the morning to discuss. My internet reading suggests that ectopics can be linked to posture / indigestion / vagus nerve and I think lots of us start panicking when we get "new" symptoms but if anyone has similar please share. Please don't reply with anything that will freak me out though!

Re: Ectopic beats - anyone similar?

Hi Nikki
    I was browsing through the threads on ectopic beats today as I am having a really bad time with them at the moment and needed to remind myself that I'm not alone! I suffered terribly with these before, around 8-9 years ago and they resolved themselves in time, but recently they've come back with a vengeance!
    The reason I'm responding to your post is the issue of your back and chest being so tight....I could have written those exact same words. My back is so knarled up at sort of bra strap level, and I struggle to breathe deeply as my chest muscles get so tight. Did you ever resolve this issue or get any further information from your GP?
    I hope you're feeling better now?
    Amber.

Re: Ectopic beats - anyone similar?

Hello, yes, sort of. I went to see an osteopath and that helped a lot. I am more and more convinced that for me, there's 3 things going on. One is the ectopic beats / PVCs, one is a tight chest (osteopath said it was probably from
    carrying my son and / or a heavy bag, one is indigestion. Oh and of course the anxiety underlying all of that. But the more I learn and the more I find out from others, the more 'normal' it seems. Thanks for replying x

Thread Information