Thread: seeking for help

seeking for help

hi,guys:
    my name is Kevin Wang, I'm a anxiety disorder patient from China,I'm 32 , I have been worried about my heart for years, I'm very scared to have palpitation or any other heart related disease , every day every minute i feel very nervous and heart beat rate a little bit high. I'm so scared of sudden death that i even go to Vasculocardiology Deparment to check my heart , i have received several heart examination .ECG /24 hour ECG/UCD/ heart function examination/IIH examination , the doctor says to me my heart is ok.
    but i still can't help to worry about my heart, I become very nervous and sensitive to everything that can related to my heart, like walking , running ...or some other things cause me nervous , like report to my boss , speak public in friends...and besides, i still scred that the continuous nervous and high heart beat rate will cause me heart disorder in coming future. i really can not get rid of these terrible thoughts. i have been to psychologist doctor for several times, but i still feel very painful and terrible because they didn't give any physiological comfort . the physiological doctor here only prescribe medicine for you in few minutes, and not patient to chat with every patient because indeed there are so many patients like me are waiting outside of consulting room.
    but I'm really desperate and helpless on my situation ,my friends suggest me that to look for help on this website, so i came here and really hope to seek for help, if anybody can help me and analyze my situation , i really appreciate it ,thank you !

Re: seeking for help

Hello, I think you're stuck in a vicious cycle. I was there a year ago and it's horrible. The anxiety makes your body do various things and then that makes you anxious.... Aaargh. This forum has really helped me as there are so many people who have similar issues and some who've managed to tackle the issues. I did it with extensive Internet research and a course in mindfulness which really helped. The research reassured me that all of this was more or less "normal" and the second allows me to focus on other things than what my heart is doing!

Have a look at a blog called a dance in my heart, a website called life off beat and a you tube channel called York cardiology. I tried to post the hyperlinks but wasn't allowed, sorry.

Good luck

Re: seeking for help

Quote Originally Posted by nikkilewis View Post

Hello, I think you're stuck in a vicious cycle. I was there a year ago and it's horrible. The anxiety makes your body do various things and then that makes you anxious.... Aaargh. This forum has really helped me as there are so many people who have similar issues and some who've managed to tackle the issues. I did it with extensive Internet research and a course in mindfulness which really helped. The research reassured me that all of this was more or less "normal" and the second allows me to focus on other things than what my heart is doing!

Have a look at a blog called a dance in my heart, a website called life off beat and a you tube channel called York cardiology. I tried to post the hyperlinks but wasn't allowed, sorry.

Good luck
    Dear Nikki:
    I'm really so thanks for your reply and recommendation , you are really a nice person. i have found all the website and blog you tell about and save it, it seems there are a so many articles i need to read about, although they are all in English and they are huge challenge for me. anyway i will try to read them and understand it. hope they can help me to relieve my fear to my heart.
    and just now i have seen the video in the York cardiology on YouTube , the doctor Gupta suggest us to define the Palpitation when it happen, actually i have done the 24 hours ECG before, but at that 24 hours there is no
    Palpitation happen , so I'm very hesitating whether i should go to repeat ECG or not , because last time i go to cardiology doctor , he told me that : Kevin ,it's ok, you just too sensitive about your heart, all the examination result are ok. you should lead a normal life and do what you should do. and
    in fact for myself i even don't know what the difference between palpitation and PVC. and it seems for a long time (maybe 4-10 days randomly) will cause a palpitation. and i even don't know if there are such ECG device in the hospital for the 10 days or longer time examination. even if there exist such device ,i think it must be costly for such kind of examination . and besides it's possible that my palpitation will not happen during the examination time. so i don't think i can go to exam my heart again and again.
    so i think my main problem is physiological problem ,am i right?

Thread Information