Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delete my account

Delete my account

Hi guys.

I feel that I'm no longer benefitting anyone by posting here. I came here originally to assist people with a bit of logic, but I feel that I'm now losing my temper and actually more of a hindrance than a help these days.

I'm glad I posted here for a while but I feel the time is right for me to leave.

Thanks for having me, I'll wipe my feet on the way out.

Re: Delete my account

we will give you the usual 24 hours and remove your account if you still want to go

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Gary,

If you feel it is right, then I wish you all the best.

But I've seen people have disputes and decide to leave and it's the heat of the moment. Take some time and think about it, perhaps?

You have plenty to offer to members on here and I'm sure you've had many grateful replies. The current situation is one of a smaller number of difficult situations on the forum and I don't think that should ever be the driver for such a decision as this.

I've had plenty of arguments on here, complaints put in about me and a select few telling me what they think of me on PM. It's not nice but it comes with the territory when you are a more outspoken member. I've thought about leaving maybe 4 times in the last 15 months due to all this but decided that these issues don't outweigh the vast majority of good on here.

If you can't get through to Reb, there are plenty of people you can. You obviously try to help or you wouldn't spend so much time replying on here and I don't think I've ever seen you talk about your own anxiety issues, like the odd other person on here.

I don't know what the solution is with those threads but I'm not going to let my feelings about anything that goes on in them ruin the rest of my experience on here.

Have a think?

I'd suggest that you take some time to consider Gary. If you feel like this, why not just take some time out and come back in a few weeks to see how it goes?

Sometimes, it's easy to get very involved in trying to help people at the expense of our own wellbeing. You joined last year for a reason. If that reason's still there, perhaps the site will still be of benefit in future.

Either way, it's your call. Just let us know.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My reasons for being here aren't purely personal, as in I can't say I ever have been an anxiety sufferer. I've got worries and I get wound up, pretty sure I've had a panic attack or two in the past, but I've never been diagnosed with anxiety or any form of mental health issue. I'm an argumentative git but I don't really know what the medical term for that is.

Let's just say a person very close to me let this type of thing get the better of them, and I felt guilty for letting it happen. A few people around me chose to ignore certain things and even encourage certain behaviours when they really should have known better. I think this is where my hatred of so called "enabling" stems from. This site was my way of trying to stop other people going that same way with what I had learned.

Recently, I find myself getting too easily frustrated, and to my shame reading posts and thinking "My God get a grip of yourself." This isn't an attitude I should have and I hate that I do.

My reasons for wanting to delete my account haven't purely been based on the last few weeks, I think they've just confirmed that I'm not really as cut out for all this as I thought I was.

Fair enough. As Emmz said, we always allow 24 hours. Let us know if you reconsider.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Good luck to you.

I echo the sentiments about a cool down and reconsider. I'm similar to you in that I take a straight forward no nonsense approach here and I personally appreciate your posts. As you know, I'm not a sufferer and I came to know this forum by following an HA sufferer from the H&N cancer forums. I decided to stick around to help and it's been three years! Like you, while all may not appreciate my bluntness, I know for a fact that I've helped and that's what keeps me here.... it's a "pay it forward" thing for me.

I will say that the sight has been helpful for me in gaining a better understanding of anxiety disorder and that's helped me in dealing with my daughter's anxiety and depression issues. Even for me, after my cancer, the free CBT course that was offered here helped me in addition to therapy in overcoming some depression and "scanxiety".

I understand totally the enabling aspect you speak of and feel the same way. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best. I've appreciated getting to know you through the forum.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 18-08-16 at 05:16.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I think you are benefitting people still Gary, you answer a lot of threads on the HA and give people the most logical answers sometimes that's what you need especially with HA, I know I wanted to hear from people who were going through the same but ultimately I wanted a rational explanation more than anything. Sometimes someone to tell me just how silly I was being. I would like it if you reconsidered you're one of the main members on here that reply to a lot of threads, maybe a break from here instead?

If the site is affecting you or you truly don't feel you want to post anymore then I understand but it would be a real shame I think

Don't go Gary, I quite like argumentative gits

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information