Thread: New to Sertraline

New to Sertraline

Hi,

I've been prescribed sertraline by my GP, I suffer from anxiety, and have done for years, but just tried to get on with it, with a little help from bisoprolol (5mgs) but this time I hope sertraline will help, on day 5 and still have more anxiety than when I started, clenched jaw, not hungry, all the usual that I've read about, I'm hoping by next week it will ease, I realise I've just got to get through the first couple of weeks !!

John

Re: New to Sertraline

Hi there, I have had anxiety on and off for more years than I would like to remember, in 2010 after the birth of my daughter it peeked to an all time high, I stopped coping with things and cried a great deal, I was put onto 50mg sertraline, I had a few side effects, but I think it was more anxiety caused than tablet caused. I have been so happy and well since about 6 weeks after taking them, they do take a while to kick in... But worth the wait.
    I am going through my first tough time since I started them, however, my son was in hospital for a week after falling off his skateboard and breaking his leg, I was so worried and stressed about him I forgot to take my tablets for a week, so I can at least see where the problem lay!!
    Sertraline has given me back my life, be prepared to give them a good 4 weeks to begin to work, good luck x

Hi Smiles,

Thanks for the reply, this is the first time I've taken this kind of medication, always thought there was a stigma attached to them, and to be honest, thought it would take my personality away and make me some kind of zombie, but I guess they don't from what I've read, anyway this is day seven, so I will give it time to see if it works for me, I really just suffer from anxiety rather than depression, and my GP said these would help, again thanks for the reply.

John

Quote Originally Posted by smiles View Post
    Hi there, I have had anxiety on and off for more years than I would like to remember, in 2010 after the birth of my daughter it peeked to an all time high, I stopped coping with things and cried a great deal, I was put onto 50mg sertraline, I had a few side effects, but I think it was more anxiety caused than tablet caused. I have been so happy and well since about 6 weeks after taking them, they do take a while to kick in... But worth the wait.
    I am going through my first tough time since I started them, however, my son was in hospital for a week after falling off his skateboard and breaking his leg, I was so worried and stressed about him I forgot to take my tablets for a week, so I can at least see where the problem lay!!
    Sertraline has given me back my life, be prepared to give them a good 4 weeks to begin to work, good luck x
    Great to hear a positive story! Thanks for posting

Rich

Thread Information