Thread: Anyone else 'not' been diagnosed officially with IBS?

Anyone else 'not' been diagnosed officially with IBS?

I haven't been officially diagnosed with IBS as I feel like when I go to make an appointment, my symptoms tend to ease off.

I've suffered from weird BM's for about 2 years now, ever since I found a lot of red blood in the toilet (Had a sigmoidoscopy 2 years which was clear). My body has been out of wack ever since!

So basically the past week I have had loose stools. I'm going 2/3 times a day (I'm normally once a day). Also getting the stomach pains/cramps etc. I've had bouts where I am racing to the toilet upon wakening in the morning, or waking up through the night and having to rush to the loo.
    My daughter (3yrs) had 2 bouts of loose stools last week also, but seems to be back to normal again.

So, basically I'm unsure if I have a bug or if it's just a case of (undiagnosed) IBS?

Re: Anyone else 'not' been diagnosed officially with IBS?

Hi there

I have been experiencing loose and constipation now for about 4 weeks, I strained so hard this week that I have hemorrhoids and they are sore and noticed some blood on the loo paper this morning (FREAKING OUT) but I know from previous they have bled before whenever I strain heavily.

I am going to the GP on Wed next week, was due a colonoscopy today (Privately) but had to cancel due to a work commitments....

Its very very worrying.....but I think I would rather face up and go to the GP than sit and worry!!! HA does NOT HELP THIS situation AT ALL!

I am trying to be positive but its getting me so down......

Thread Information