Thread: Upper stomach gas pains ibs??

Upper stomach gas pains ibs??

Hi all
    A little about my story
    I'm 6 months post partum and about 3 months after having my baby girl I got what i thought was a kidney infection I was out in antibiotics for 8 days I went back to the doctor as the pain never subsided. .
    He said nothing grew in my urine..
    So we did more tests bloods h pylori scan on kidneys nothing found. So told I have Ibs.
    My symptoms are
    Gas upper stomach lots of gargling and pains that move around from upper side to side also feels like my waist band is sore and bra strap is sore..
    My bowels haven't been moving right since the birth but I would say mainly just not emptying fully or very hard and sore. .
    Last week I went away to my mums for the week and I felt fine. Like it had vanished is this ibs ??? Please someone tell me.. I dint have to run to the toilet or anything like that I'm confused as to what my ibs is.. is it stress maybe .
    I do suffer from anxity again bouts of it.
    Could it have shifted to my stomach?? Anyone please help..xx

Re: Upper stomach gas pains ibs??

Hi Baileyboy,

As far as I know, IBS hits in bouts called flare-ups. It sounds to be like the pain and bowel movement issues are part of a flare up, which subsided when you went to visit your mum. Also, if you have some issues causing you stress which was somewhat alleviated by visiting your mum, it's possible that the drop in your stress levels reduced the symptoms incurred by the IBS.

I find that when I'm particularly stressed, my stomach can be my worse enemy - especially hand in hand with anxiety!

Hope this helps and you feel better soon,
    Joe

Re: Upper stomach gas pains ibs??

I find psyllium capsules work well they don`t make you run to the loo but make things more predictable,also probiotics or natural yoghurt can help and I`d avoid fizzy drinks personally. all these things helped me a great deal with bloating, IBS and related problems so fingers crossed you`ll feel a lot better soon.

Thread Information