Thread: Skipped heartbeat

Skipped heartbeat

Hey guys,

So I've been getting a lot of skipped heartbeats the last couple of days, although I've had the tests and I don't let them bother me. Tonight in decided to check my pulse while I was getting the flutters.

So my heart beats,"beat, beat, beat" then I feel a flutter building up, then my heart literally skips a beat, no thud, then onto the next beat. Like a split second pause then continues. It feels weird that the flutter builds, then I get the skipped beat. Anyone any ideas or have similar?

Re: Skipped heartbeat

Hey Mike,

Hope all is well..

I also get the same. Sometimes mine is a beat and then two quick beats then regular again.

I had a chat with my internal medicine and family doctor, plus his replacement and they all say is normal. I also get frequent skipped beats while exercising and they say it's normal and nothing to be concerned about.

As deliberating as they feel everyone says its normal after all the tests we had.

Hopefully this is a bit of peace of mind for you. I assume all tests are still good with no abnormalities?

Best,
    Divine

Quote Originally Posted by DivineAngle View Post
    Hey Mike,

Hope all is well..

I also get the same. Sometimes mine is a beat and then two quick beats then regular again.

I had a chat with my internal medicine and family doctor, plus his replacement and they all say is normal. I also get frequent skipped beats while exercising and they say it's normal and nothing to be concerned about.

As deliberating as they feel everyone says its normal after all the tests we had.

Hopefully this is a bit of peace of mind for you. I assume all tests are still good with no abnormalities?

Best,
    Divine

Thanks for replying. Yes all tests were fine. 5 or 6 ekg, stress test, holter, echo all recently. I don't let them bother me but last night was the first time I actually felt my pulse and was able to catch what happens a few times. I was surprised, I was expecting a premature beat but it's just like my heat misses a beat completely then the chest flutter comes

I also get the quicker beats but they don't give me any chest sensations and my heart doesn't pause after it just resumes normal rhythm almost instantly.

Hi Mike,
    I know how worrying this can be! I've had this problem for over 20 years, sometimes worse than others, ending up in A and E several times over the years too! Each time I'm reassured its down to anxiety which I'm sure you know exacerbates the problem. It's a vicious circle! Anyway I take beta blockers which I've been on for 6 years straight now, they don't cure it, just make my heartbeat less noticeable! I can go months on end and have a regular heartbeat, then it'll kick in for no apparent reason for a few weeks or more! You ll find loads of posts on here with people experiencing the same thing. I too have had echo tests, stress test, ecg and holter. I hope this goes some way to making you feel a bit better!
    Hugs!
    Jilly123.

Hi. I have suffered with anxiety all my life but have been fortunate enough never to suffer from panic attacks. However last week I started getting these flutters in my chest at work, I tried to ignore it and thought it was down to my anxiety. Last weekend I took part in a challenge '10 mile walk up and down Ben Nevis (tallest mountain in uk) overnight and didn't have any problems. Then on the way home on the train the evening I started with these flutters again. Visited my GP on Wednesday and the did an ECG which showed up Ectopics said these are quite common but sending me for an jolted monitor. Since then they have become more frequent but also I'm more anxious at what the are going to find !!!! Last night I had my first panic attack !! I felt like I couldn't breathe it was terrifying ... So worried looking for some reassurance

Quote Originally Posted by Humper100 View Post
    Hi. I have suffered with anxiety all my life but have been fortunate enough never to suffer from panic attacks. However last week I started getting these flutters in my chest at work, I tried to ignore it and thought it was down to my anxiety. Last weekend I took part in a challenge '10 mile walk up and down Ben Nevis (tallest mountain in uk) overnight and didn't have any problems. Then on the way home on the train the evening I started with these flutters again. Visited my GP on Wednesday and the did an ECG which showed up Ectopics said these are quite common but sending me for an jolted monitor. Since then they have become more frequent but also I'm more anxious at what the are going to find !!!! Last night I had my first panic attack !! I felt like I couldn't breathe it was terrifying ... So worried looking for some reassurance
    Don't get worked up over them, go see a cardiologist and get the tests for reassurance. They are annoying for sure, but since I got the tests and got told they are normal, I don't care about them anymore. I've been getting like 50 flutters per day the last couple of days but I don't care anymore. I vape and when I vape it brings them on but I'm not gonna stop vaping. Just live your life and forget about them, they won't hurt you.

Thank you for the reassurance 😊

Mike,

Just wanted to chime in to see how you have been doing with your ectopic beats?

Divine

Hi, thanks for following up. I have not had many flutters in the last few weeks. I think a lot of it was down to vaping, which has been causing me all sorts of issues in the past year so I decided to give it up a few weeks ago. I hope that is the end of them for me!

Thread Information