Thread: Pregnant... Heart arrhythmia and eptopics advice ?

Pregnant... Heart arrhythmia and eptopics advice ?

Hey been a long time since I posted on here... It's on of them things I try not to do as a effort to fight my health anxiety! Here I am however ! So I'm 24 weeks pregnant and iv had a real rough time horrendously sick for first 16 weeks (the saying morning sickness is a misnomer) and after all of that well horrendous pains in back/legs/stomach maybe body is a bit wrecked from last pregnancy ? It was 6 years ago tho! Been sent to hospital 3 times by gp to be checked over for blood clots suspected appendicitis ect all clear may I add... My health anxiety is rather bad atm however I have seen doctor and been referred for some more cbt... So we shall see. So my main worry since about week 16 of my pregnancy I have suffered from really bad eptopic beats like iv had episodes of them before but these are terrible I get them like every 10 minutes to the point I'm scared to do anything it's a constant weight on my mind and they don't make me feel great either. Had an echocardiogram that came back as heart structurally normal so that's good news but had a 24 hr ecg and that picked up ventricular eptopic beats and episodes of sinus arrhythmia !!! What is this !!!! It wasn't even explained to me.. I don't drink caffeine or drink alcohol. I'm really, really scared the doctor didn't seem to concerned but I feel like breaking down over this I can't cope anymore with my heart skipping beats an making me feel like I need to catch my breath I really can't bear it. It starts the minute I open my eyes and still carries on when I'm trying to sleep, and what the hell is this arrythmia thing that was mentioned ?? can anyone shed any light ?? Also my 4yr old neice was in mine the other day and she told me straight to my face that I'm going to die when questioned on this statement she announced (very happily I might add) that the baby is gonna get bigger in my belly an I'm going to die. I'm so freaked out. Is she the next Nostradamus...is she a mini psychic.. ?These may sound like irrational thoughts but it really, really freaked me out. Please can someone offer me some kind of comfort/advice. Thank you xx
    Last edited by Sar89; 21-08-16 at 00:18.

Re: Pregnant... Heart arrhythmia and eptopics advice ?

1. Your niece was just being a creepy kid. Kids can do that. It can be unnerving, but just call it for what it is: magical thinking/superstition. She could have said grass is cheese flavored purple lava and be as accurate. But, I get that it's freaky.

2. Arrythmias like that are ok and trust me, if your docs suspected anything amiss they would have hospitalized you. Pregnancy is a stressful time, new worries, but you are in good hands.

Congratulations on your pregnancy Sarah, you'll soon find that children say the strangest and weirdest things, at 4 year old, children have no concept of death, they are unable to understand what it means so please don't be concerned by what she says. Children hear adults say things such as 'this heat is killing me' and other sayings and expressions that they repeat without knowing the emotion attached to these words.
    I can't offer any advice on the heart, other than you have been checked over and they are the experts, trust them and accept that if they thought you were at risk you'd be having more observations.
    Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, really pleased you have requested more support with your anxiety.
    Xxx

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hey guys thanks for replies seen my niece today an I have to admit she is very cute (even if she does have evil tendencies) I asked her an I still gonna die an she cackled an was like noooooo auntie sawah! Think she knew she had got to me �� It's mainly this heart thing that's bothering me the eptopics beats are just hideous iv had them before but these ones are brutal I'm having like 4/5 in a row an they make me feel weird like can't quite catch my breath! And they are just constant there is never a let up. I don't get any time to forget them and have some respite. It's really really put my mood on rock bottom x

I was told I had sinus arrhythmia in A&E after going in which chest pains, but said it was normal and that's it, I was worried for quite some time as I can't understand why they needed to tell me I had this arrhythmia but then say it's normal. I have bad heart anxiety and hate thinking about it, but I just tell myself if it was dangerous at all they'd surely let me know.

Not sure how it is caused or if it can ever go in time?

Well that's my point ! The doctor didn't give me any information an I was too overwhelmed to ask and now I'm thinking if it was normal why is it called arrhythmia ? And why did you even mention it ?? Really done my head in. And I absolutely despise these eptopics beats. Convinced I will drop dead before I have this baby. Pretty grim thinking really x

Thread Information