Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noticed something red in stool, now anxiety is off the scale

Re: Noticed something red in stool, now anxiety is off the scale

In my personal experience, you don't get a little bit of blood. I look like I have been murdered when I go to the loo. I am actually going back to the docs tomorrow cos I have had just about enough lol

If it was a jar of chilli sauce they do tend to put food colouring into it to"enrich"the colour.
    As you get ibs I would think piles would be far more likely than cancer, try not to worry to much lovely, at my Drs you can get a pop and pop a poo sample round at any time without seeing a gp. It may be worth trying that to put you mind at ease a bit. I would be better to be stressed for a week waiting for results than wasting a few months looking at your poo... Life is shit enough when you get HA x

Quote Originally Posted by smiles View Post
    If it was a jar of chilli sauce they do tend to put food colouring into it to"enrich"the colour.
    As you get ibs I would think piles would be far more likely than cancer, try not to worry to much lovely, at my Drs you can get a pop and pop a poo sample round at any time without seeing a gp. It may be worth trying that to put you mind at ease a bit. I would be better to be stressed for a week waiting for results than wasting a few months looking at your poo... Life is shit enough when you get HA x
    She is right blood is usually piles or hemorrhoids.

Hi smiles, thanks for the reply.

I have noticed this before, but I think my anxiety was waiting to strike and I have as usual blown everything out of proportion! Thinking back I don't think the consistency was like blood, the colour was more an orangey red. I could hand in a sample but if blood shows up then the next step would be a colonoscopy, which scares the lif out of me. I have a massive phobia of medical testing and even the very mention of any tests makes me spiral into a severe anxiety attack.

I want/need to get my anxiety under control but it's hard, I'm in perimenopause and this can be a factor in anxiety. Also I have a son with severe mental health issues and the last couple of years gave been horrendous with him self harming and overdosing and last year he ended up in prison although he should have been sectioned. So....I think all of this has weakened me and let the anxiety in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information