Thread: Throat infection keeps coming back! I'm all alone and really scared!!!!

Throat infection keeps coming back! I'm all alone and really scared!!!!

I was diagnosed with tonsillitis and was refused antibiotics for a whole month! Then when I felt like I couldn't breathe they finally gave me penicillin antibiotics and my tonsils deflated.

But since then I have had two reoccurring symptoms where it would start with my airway, top of my mouth, and tongue feeling dry then becoming inflamed within a few hours! Is this a post viral thing? I kept swallowing when it started again today and then started panicking! Last time, it lasted for 3 days then disappeared then I didn't have it for 10 days then it starts AGAIN!

I'm all alone and my family are living abroad as I just recently moved back to the UK on my own! I'm so upset because I'm 33 years old and feel like a child! I want my parents when I'm ill as I'm not in a relationship and haven't developed any close friendships yet!

This was my first experience having tonsillitis and it's been absolute hell! It's shattered my mentally because I panic when my airway becomes tight and I can't breathe naturally.

Help me please! The doctors aren't giving me any straight answers.

I've been an ECG, lung x-ray, and all sorts of blood tests including HIV (hospital routine), Thyroid, and Glandular Fever.

I'm all alone and living alone. I feel so scared!!!

Re: Throat infection keeps coming back! I'm all alone and really scared!!!!

sounds unpleasant. sorry to hear about your illness.

if youve had all those tests then you shouldnt have too much to worry about. viruses can be weird and flare up again now and again for a few weeks.

try not to worry too much and do something to distract yourself. worrying will only make you feel worse after all.

Thread Information