Thread: Trump and Farage

Trump and Farage

Re: Trump and Farage

Did you listen to it? There was a brief segment in the news on the radio when I was doing my shopping earlier.

A Brexit speech would go down well at a Trump rally.

But do bare in mind that UKIP does have some bigots in it, some of who have been sacked, but some are still in there. Nationalism doesn't need to be mutually exclusive with some of the bigotry seen in that party that's in the realms of the far right groups.

But Project Fear would be something you guys would find interesting. They threw it all at us from house prices plummeting to new taxes to even WW3! None of it has happened. Whilst we haven't left yet, some markets are getting better, most have recovered, one reported it's highest since 1999! My investments are in UK security shares and I've never seen growth like it! I've had roughly 3 years growth since Brexit day!

So do the Tory MP's have the sack to cross the floor and join UKIP if need be? I think a Trump presidency would help in the Brexit effort.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...s-floundering/

Do remember from a Project Fear pov that there was fear on both sides, just different buttons being pushed

And Im not predicting a disaster for the economy but the current situation is not 'Brexit' its just post Brexit vote, we wont know the cost or benefits of Brexit until 2-3 years down the line

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Do remember from a Project Fear pov that there was fear on both sides, just different buttons being pushed

And Im not predicting a disaster for the economy but the current situation is not 'Brexit' its just post Brexit vote, we wont know the cost or benefits of Brexit until 2-3 years down the line
    Which is what I said above, but in discussing our current market & growth I was considering the doom Osbourne fed us about quarter 2 being a disaster, and it turned out to be a good quarter and the complete of opposite. Economists who fed the doom have since been revising their negatives into positives so what they told us about post voting day was a load of BS.

As I said in your EU thread, lies on both sides. I rarely spoke to anyone, before or after, who didn't think both campaigns were to be ignored because of these issues.

---------- Post added at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    So do the Tory MP's have the sack to cross the floor and join UKIP if need be? I think a Trump presidency would help in the Brexit effort.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...s-floundering/
    No, some Tories have left long before to join UKIP. I can't see much changing. UKIP have issues of bigotry & racism in their party so if they haven't joined them by now, it's unlikely.

But a key issue being discussed in places in that if they don't deliver on a full exit from the EU, a lot of people will vote UKIP purely to get them in government in 2020 to take the issue forward again.

I haven't voted UKIP before, and I doubt I would in the future without a lot of shakeup to moderate them and boot out all bad apples, but if it's the only way to achieve am exit from the EU then I will vote for them on principle as a means to an end in 2020 and then hopefully they sort it out and I can go back to voting for who I feel is better overall.

Thread Information