Thread: A few worries (again!)

A few worries (again!)

I can feel my pulse everywhere in my body today - even my finger tips. It's been like this for a few weeks but I'm very aware of it today.

When I woke up this morning it was pulsing in my back, horrible.
    I checked my heart rate and it was only 72bpm.
    So technically it's a normal pulse but very very strong. Even sitting here now I can feel it all over, especially my hands and feet.

Another further worry is feeling and hearing water or liquid sloshing around in my stomach, I don't know whether it's gas or something, it's very irritating especially when I lay down, it's the slosh slosh of the water :(

Anyone got any ideas?

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Re: A few worries (again!)

I would say stop checking your heart rate

The feeling and hearing of fluids moving around in your tummy is completely normal. When I was a kid, I would purposely drink lots of water then lay on my back and wiggle around just to feel the waves of it sloshing around haha. Feeling your pulse in your body is normal too.

You've been checked out and you're absolutely fine, your heart is strong and healthy. Put your energies into your counselling, maybe look at some CBT online, or even ask your GP for a referral. And you do really need to stop checking your pulse! Lots of us feel the heartbeats all over the body - I got a really strange episode of hearing mine thudding away in the back of my neck last week when I stood up quickly!

Maybe it's time (if you feel you can of course) to change that username from GirlAfraid to GirlDetermined..xx

I have the same pulse rate GirlA. my husbands is much lower, and he is the one that gets wound up all the time. We have a blood pressure monitor and use it about once a month x

It's not that I'm checking my pulse, it's that when I'm just sitting there doing anything or nothing I can feel my pulse banging away, no matter what speed it is.
    Surely a constant pounding heart isn't healthy?
    I know I've had clear ECG and blood tests but I hate this feeling.

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

You're hyper-focusing. If I concentrate on feeling my pulse or any other normal bodily function, I can. Otherwise, I'm too distracted by everyday life that I never pay attention to it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

it is beating hard because of your anxiety but it won't do you any harm. its a bit of a circle because you can feel it because you're focusing on it which is making you hypersenstive to it. thats then making you more anxious about it so you focus on it more.

it will work perfectly well without you paying in any attention. you wont notice it at all if you can forget about it and try snd focus on something.

I understand thr circle youre in though.. I have difficulty not paying attention to every little stomach twinge.

The alternative to being able to feel your heart pumping is probably worse.

But a healthy heart can take it. And you have a healthy heart. You're just intensely focused on it. You need to start distracting yourself. I would also advise attempting to accept that anxiety is making your heart work harder, and to accept the feeling.

I can feel my pulse really strongly, everywhere. I also have a really visible stomach pulse. When I cross my legs my foot bobs up and down very noticeably.

Like you it used to scare me half to death. However I've learned to accept it as just my normal. I've mentioned it to the GP a few times and they aren't worried. It's normal.

Thread Information