Thread: Genetic Variants, Damaged DNA and Cancer etc

Genetic Variants, Damaged DNA and Cancer etc

Does anyone else get scared of genetic variations of diseases which increase cancer risk and shortened lifespan?. I worry about being a genetic variant of a chromosomal defect because my parents had me late ( when they were 38 and 40) I worry that my WRN gene won't repair as well .... I live a super healthy lifestyle but I fear that my destiny is out of my control due to the age my parents were when they had me.
    I just can't ignore the science behind the risks of having older parents and its effect on lifespan. A lot of recent research shows a greater genetic mutation load in offspring of older parents. It makes me really depressed to think my future is already written.

Re: Genetic Variants, Damaged DNA and Cancer etc

if its out of your control and u have nothing to do to change it so why think so much out of it?? U are trying your best to live a healthy life and im sure you have reduced a lot risk for cancer so dont worry xx

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

my mom gave birth to me when she was like 35 so thats kinda old too i guess?? im sure ure not the only one so yeah ure not alone and im not worried bout that

Thread Information