Thread: Abnormal Liver Function Test

Abnormal Liver Function Test

Hi all,
    I had blood tests yesterday & my GP called today to tell me that my liver function test was abnormal and arranged an appointment for me to go and discuss this with him on Tuesday. I'm now extremely worried.

My questions:
    1. Can anxiety cause abnormal liver function results? I'm very anxious at the moment & have been for the last few weeks (GAD & daily panic attacks)

2. Can taking fluoxetine affect these results? I've been on 20mg for almost 6 weeks.

3. If you've had abnormal liver function results back, what was the cause? What was the next step in finding out?

Might be worth adding that I don't drink, haven't done in several years but I'm a light smoker. I'm 27, appropriate weight and only taking fluoxetine, ompeprozole (sp?) and a beta blocker.

Thanks in advance everyone.
    Beckie x

Re: Abnormal Liver Function Test

Which specific test was abnormal though?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for your reply Nicola. I'm not sure which specific test it was, I'm not too informed on these matters - I actually wasn't aware there was more than one test for live function. I'll have a read of the link.

Yeah there are several tests and some medications can affect the results and the liver function

My friend's liver function test came back abnormal and the doctor said it was because of the Sertraline she had been taking for 3 months.

Thread Information