Thread: Trusting doctors

Trusting doctors

So...I figured the anxiety bird would land on breast cancer eventually. My aunt died at my age from it, so that is always on my mind.
    A few weeks ago my doc did a regular check, lingered a bit on one side, but said they felt the same on both sides, nothing to worry about, just have dense tissue. I've heard that before.

But I have done some checks, and found myself obsessing. Trying to head this off. THE DOC WOULD HAVE DETECTED SOMETHING. I feel nothing there but my regular weird boob tissue. I'm thinking, it was a different doc maybe she isn't as good? Please remind me that doctors can be trusted and if I haven't found anything, and doc didn't, then there isn't anything there. Jeez.

Re: Trusting doctors

Doctors are always examining breasts. Makes me wonder why I studied politics...

But seriously, any doctor worth their salt knows the difference between a healthy breast and one with any potential problems. If a doctor tells you something is fine, that is all you need to know. As I've said to others, if you don't accept what the doctor says, where do you go?

I think political science/philosophy is wayyyy more interesting than boobs, but that's just me.

But I agree that at some point, I have to trust them. I am REALLY trying to logic this one out and keep my hands off because it just makes me crazy. Literally. It just makes me so mad that I haven't struggled with health anxiety for YEARS and it's back, almost like riding a bike, I haven't forgotten how to work myself up. Just got over one fear...

I'm trying Zoloft as recommended by doc but it is making me a bit more anxious (as anticipated) so I'm trying to keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Minivil View Post
    I think political science/philosophy is wayyyy more interesting than boobs, but that's just me. ....

I am REALLY trying to logic this one out and keep my hands off because it just makes me crazy.....
    Oh Boy... I can see this thread falling into the gutter quickly! ~lol~

But in the spirit of keeping things on track, Docs know a lot more about boobs than politics and that's a good thing.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    Doctors are always examining breasts. Makes me wonder why I studied politics...
    There's easily bigger tits in politics...

Thread Information