Thread: Still haven't had my biopsy results - getting worried now

Still haven't had my biopsy results - getting worried now

I know I've posted about this before but I'm so worried because I had an endometrial biopsy and removal of a small polyp done on 10th August and the consultant said he would write to me with the results within 2-3 weeks but nothing has arrived except a copy of the letter he sent to my GP explaining what he'd done and that he would liase with him regarding the results.

My logical brain tells me that if anything nasty had been found then they would have been in touch by now, but the HA side is saying perhaps they are just double checking the bad results to make completely sure, that they are really busy so even though the results are back they haven't had a chance to contact me, even that they are trying to decide the best way to tell me the bad news (how's that for crazy?)

I'm still bleeding quite badly - it must be at least 2 months now of continuous bleeding and that's just not right seeing as I have been post menopausal for 4 years now. So far I've managed to avoid googling because I know that will make me worse, and I know that really I should phone my doctor to find out if they have the results back or not yet, but I'm too scared.

Re: Still haven't had my biopsy results - getting worried now

I have always thought that no news is good news with the NHS but until you get that in writing I know you will find this hard to believe. There would be no dithering with any malignancy.

I think you should ring up tomorrow-it'll be very scary but you need to know now otherwise your anxiety will think up all sorts of scenarios xx

Thanks Pulisa, I know you are right but even just thinking about that phone call is making me shaky and nauseated. Oh how I hate this HA crap!

Anyway, it is no use ruining the day by worrying about tomorrow, there's nothing I can do about it today as they are closed for Bank Holiday so I'm going to give myself a mental kick up the a*** and carry on with my day.

I honestly think you would have heard by now, Mojo-it's been ages. The NHS admin system works very slowly when letters are sent out but with anything which needs urgent attention you would not be left hanging around xx

Mojo, you would have been called in by now if anything sinister had shown up, trust me on that one. There's no "figuring out" if the news is bad, you're called in, told the results, and then there is an MDT to plan how to treat you.

The fact that the letter has gone to the GP, and mentions liasing about results, means there is no malignancy - they are just going to talk about what to do next for you. I agree that you should phone explaining your anxiety, but I think you would be better phoning your GP, or making an appt.
    Surgeons secretary's never give any info out over the phone, and I think that will stress you out even more - better to discuss with your GP. It won't be what you fear, and I'm sure you can dredge up that courage I know you have, and see your doc.

We will be behind you all the way xx

Mojo I've been looking for your update and results, wondering myself why it's taking so long.

I too, totally believe if this were something bad, you'd have heard and plans for treatment would be underway.

There's no excuse for doing this to you, it's cruel and abusive.

I am sorry you're being put through this, I wish I was there, I'd call for you AND go and smack your dr upside the head for leaving you hanging.

Thank you Nancy. It is very upsetting trying to deal with my anxiety and this at the same time. Sometimes I forget, and then I remember and it sends a jolt of anxiety through my body as my mind goes through all the worst case scenarios. It's worse in the middle of the night when I wake up and can't get back to sleep again, that's when it really starts to do a number on me. If I had known I'd have to wait so long I would have paid privately I think.

Oh I know how upsetting it is, my bleeding went on for 7 weeks. I was positive it was something awful.

Waiting for my endometrial biopsy results I could barely function. Thank God it was only 1 week. I got my results the day before Thanksgiving 2014. Fibroids.

....and I was positive it was going to be a very different result.

Keeping you in positive thought and prayer.

Thread Information