Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: worried

Re: worried

Get some help

I refer you to my original reply. cbt will help you relabel or challenge these thoughts. or mindfulness will help you understand that you don't have to be a prisoner to your thoughts

we have millions of thoughts a day. only some of them get through the natural filter. most are dismissed as irrelevant or uninteresting. the more we pay attention to a thought the more it gets through the "filter". thats how things become an obsession.

these thoughts won't go away on their own unfortunately. you are giving them more importance by posting and seeking reassurance.

Waiting to see the person who I been to referred to.

Also worried about a mark of my face think it a skin cancer (I know moles can pop up as we aged) it has not bleed, no multi colour or black colour, just looks weird. has not changed shape or grown. I also suffer from NF so it might be one of these things, I got a couple of these purple things under my arms in my teens which I did well covering them up. and there are butt ugly.

Its a none stop party in Phils Brain.

out of curiousity what's NF?

Quote Originally Posted by skymaid View Post
    out of curiousity what's NF?
    Neurofibromatosis, lumps which causes tumours to grow on nerves ends, most of the tumours are thankfully benign, but I have a large number of cafe au lait markings/spots on my body.

Even though I should not google about my health condition I been on NHS it says something about therapy for behavioral problems. The bottom part worries me.

A lot ties up with me having dyspraxia as well.

So far only had one lump removed, and that was 2 years today (31st october 2014)

Got type 1, I been told there are 4 types, 1,2,3,4 (but you dont hear about 3 and 4 very often)
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 31-10-16 at 21:49.

Seems that I am still worried about my testicles, a red patch with lines, but cannot feel any lumps, I am scared this could be testicle cancer. I sound like a radio or one of those broken cassette player.

I am not doing well with my health anxiety. If I could I will go to the doctors every single day at least once

I have checked this mark/patch 50 times already today (at home)

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

Also worried this could be leukemia as well.

I think it where my cysts are, I hope I dont need my cysts removing. I am scared always about my health. jumping to the worst things. I am glad we did not do much about learning about the human body during secondary school.

Phil it looks like you are in the midst of a really bad HA spiral.

How soon to therapy?

I am not going to re-assure you over each of your fears, suffice it to say you are struggling badly atm.

Please no more googling unless it is to google HA.

Would your Dad be willing to look at some techniques that could help you and work through them with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Phil it looks like you are in the midst of a really bad HA spiral.

How soon to therapy?

I am not going to re-assure you over each of your fears, suffice it to say you are struggling badly atm.

Please no more googling unless it is to google HA.

Would your Dad be willing to look at some techniques that could help you and work through them with you?

No idea but seeing my GP on Monday hopefully the therapy will be soon

Thanks for your concerns.

My parents will be willing to help me with the techniques I will be given, my Dad had a quick word with the guy who phoned me up, also when I was going for my PIP my Dad asked me to leave the room for a few minutes so he could say a few words.

I do have a job interview coming up, funny enough in medical sorting out the post and sorting packs out.

I will try and not Google,

I do know my HA is getting worst and worst and know I will get that horrible abdominal pain again when I first joined the site when I thought I had bowel cancer.

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

I know I am getting worst with my HA this year probably at the same level as my bowel cancer worries a few years which was only to be found out it was a small pouch which is pretty common and no treatment needed.

I know I got to try and help myself, but this checking all the time

All my family want me back to how I used to be, without worrying as much

I think going to the GP three times this year is pretty normal for me, much better than a few years when it was weekly. Both my parents have retired from work, my mum a few years took early she had enough with her job, my Dad this year because of his age so have not been able to go to GP as often I want to.
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 02-11-16 at 19:41.

Hopefully not to I wait to hear back from the therapy

I been looking at the nhs health anxiety leaflet again about number of times checking per day and see whether I can reduced it. My numbers are going up and up and up. I know we all get weird marks etc.

I am still focus on my testicle/scotrum with the marks/lines/ what I call a patch. it weird.

If I dont check myself I feel anxious, if I check myself I feel more anxious

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

Checked the white mark on my gum on when cleaning my teeth, still taking a while to heal, must have badly nick myself, dentist will not lie she knows what I am like.

I have feared I have had at least so many cancer because of symptoms. marks etc. I do know what real, whats is my head and whats is just anxiety. Everything to me is bad until I get checked out.

Its an endless worry for me from my poop and wee, to my bones, marks on body etc

I am feeling sick to my stomach and my neck hurts today, worrying about every little thing on my body, still on my testicle/scrotum worry.

Last night I was thinking about my eyebrows and my hair

As we get older we get marks as we aged. My hairdressers quite surprise how old I am., why people think I look younger than I am

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 ----------

Also I am trying very hard not to check my poop everytime I go, I always have a good look down the bowl, and wipe have a good look.

---------- Post added at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 ----------

I always worried about everything that any pain, ache is cancer or advanced cancer, but dont often know that it could be me causing the problems with my anxiety causing aches.

I dont seem to understand it could be something serious, and more likely it could be something less serious./ I automatically think it is 100% serious

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information