Thread: Constant chest pressure/pain for 5 weeks tests fine

Constant chest pressure/pain for 5 weeks tests fine

5 weeks ago I had a general anaesthetic for a small gynae op. Since then I've had breathing issues and chest pain which started out as a tight chest and feeling like I couldnt take a deep breath and needed to yawn every few seconds. The chest pain is like a pressure like someone is sat on my chest and I'm constantly restless its horrible.

Ive been to A&E over ten times. The pain and pressure is there all the time and doesnt get worse on exertion. I might add I walked home from A&E one time that took me an hour and a half and I didnt stop walking or collapse so suppose thats a good sign.

They have done blood tests, one of which checked for heart damage, loads of ecgs and chest x rays all normal.

They treated me for esophageal spasm but I dont think its that.

I did have pulmonary embolisms back in april but its not another clit and it isnt down to that according to the hospital.

The pressure gets worse when I lie on my back and I get alot of palpitations.

Could it be anxiety? Its horrible to deal with but I'm thinking if it was my heart which was also checked by echo in april then I'd probably have collapsed by now. It doesnt change when I'm up and about doing things and walking.

Has anyone else experienced this?

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Clot! Not clot

Re: Constant chest pressure/pain for 5 weeks tests fine

Hi. Yep, sounds like good old anxiety if you've had all the tests. I get this. I'm not doing so grand at the moment and I feel breathless at random times, and need to take a huge yawn but it doesn't help. I recommend trying to distract yourself, maybe do some meditation or some light exercise, or maybe lie on the bed and listen to a mindfulness mp3/podcast through some headphones x

Thread Information