Thread: House Buying Crime Anxiety

House Buying Crime Anxiety

Hi all,

Im currently looking at houses with my GF, and ive come over with strong anxiety.

I was diagnosed about 2 1/2 years ago, but all my life ive avoided potential situations where I might get a kicking.

Considering im 6 ft 3 and well built, its irrational.

We put in an offer before, and I had to repeal it as I went as bad as I did when it started. First it was the money, then safety.

We have both found a nice house, but I keep worrying about safety, its a lovely area and somewhere we would want to go, but I cant shake it.

Im ok with the money etc this time, and ive thought of having a camera and alarm installed, but I just cant get over it.

Ive never been completely on my own before except a holiday where symptoms really started. I want to do this for her, and I don't know how to get better.

I am on 20mg of fluox, but I cant stand the idea of being targeted or her being assaulted etc. I think if I was completely on my own this wouldn't be happening.

Any help or advice is great.

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 ----------

Asking price has been met by someone else, but I reckon this will still all happen again...

Re: House Buying Crime Anxiety

Is there something in the past that triggered this fear? You've mentioned that you recognised it as irrational, perhaps seeing a therapist will help you manage this fear?

Not as far as I know, I have considered therapy, ive never felt I needed it before, ive managed to fly 12 hours etc, but this final frontier is a git to get through.

Well maybe you feel that you dont need a therapist but in reality you need one .I am not saying that you are badly sick but sometimes a therapist can help us a lot

Thread Information