Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Ocd with breast lumps

Re: can breast pain be caused by stress/ anxiety

Anxiety allows us to make mountains out of molehills.

What is a slight ache to other people can become our focus and once you are focused on it, the pain can seem worse.

interesting part is, the pain isnt bad at all. its just that i makes me think about my breast which is the most focused part of my anxiety. i have bad ocd/ anxiety with it, so when the pain comes, all i wanna do is feel it and check again and again....

anyone else???????

Don't know if this helps. After I had a bereavement over two years now. (I was not pregnant though) I had terrible breast pain. There were no lumps or anything like that. I saw my GP and she said it is common for breast pain after stress and a lot of anxiety. I had a mammogram recently and it was fine. All the best. Hope all goes well x

Re: Ocd with breast lumps

I realise this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone could help me as I am having similar problems. I noticed a tiny little bump on the edge of my breast which was probably just normal tissue, but my OCD led me to keep poking and prodding it until the skin was actually rubbed off around it! Now there is a firm lump in the exact spot that i keep poking and prodding. It feels like a marble, smooth but moves around easily. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

By "this" I mean poking an area so much that a lump eventually appears?? I realise I have a problem with anxiety and OCD and I am trying to fight it, but it would just be nice to know someone is in the same boat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ariana95 View Post
    I realise this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone could help me as I am having similar problems. I noticed a tiny little bump on the edge of my breast which was probably just normal tissue, but my OCD led me to keep poking and prodding it until the skin was actually rubbed off around it! Now there is a firm lump in the exact spot that i keep poking and prodding. It feels like a marble, smooth but moves around easily. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

By "this" I mean poking an area so much that a lump eventually appears?? I realise I have a problem with anxiety and OCD and I am trying to fight it, but it would just be nice to know someone is in the same boat.

Thanks
    Yes! I've done this to myself recently. One in each breast. A month ago I became obsessed with checking for discharge so I was squeezing my nipples a lot well it actually caused a lump under nipple! When I finally managed to leave it alone within a week it was gone. Then a couple weeks later I felt a ridge in my other breast, I became obsessed with it to.the point I was bruised. I saw my Dr and she said it was normal tissue. I left it alone for a week and now I can barely feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    Yes! I've done this to myself recently. One in each breast. A month ago I became obsessed with checking for discharge so I was squeezing my nipples a lot well it actually caused a lump under nipple! When I finally managed to leave it alone within a week it was gone. Then a couple weeks later I felt a ridge in my other breast, I became obsessed with it to.the point I was bruised. I saw my Dr and she said it was normal tissue. I left it alone for a week and now I can barely feel it.
    Thank you so much for responding! I'm at my wits end with worry. I hope you don't mind but I've sent you a private message

I usually get a pain in my left breast, on either side, of breast and then down my rib cage, I was told it's from tensing up when anxious, and caused by stress and anxiety, It got so bad and happened almost every day that I thought I was having a heartattack, therapist told me that if I wasn't having sweating, or like I couldn't catch my breath than I am not having a heartattack, mine always happened after I had an anxiety/panic attack, and I had a flare up yesterday but it only lasted an hour, I think that was because I was tensing up.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread Information