Thread: Raising my sertraline to 100mg

Raising my sertraline to 100mg

Hi,

Seen my GP yesterday, and he's suggested I go on 100mg of sertraline, I've been on 50 mg for three weeks now with all the usual side effects, now going to start 100mg tomorrow 4th Sept, my GP said I shouldn't have such a tough time as when I first started taking it as my body will be used to it, he also said it should do me the world of good (anxiety sufferer)he also said 50 mg was a low dose, and I should start to notice an improvement in the next few weeks, here's hoping !!!

John

Re: Raising my sertraline to 100mg

Hi John

Im on about 10 days of being on 100mg now, I'm suffering and been taking the diazepam to help get me through although everyone is different. I hope you get on well with 100mg, it will be interesting for me to hear your progress. Im just looking forward to the day when i feel normal once again!!!

Keep posting and good luck my friend.

Rich

I have been on 100mg for about 7 months now. it seems to have done the trick. Every increase in dose, I did have minor symptoms but they usually disappeared after a few days.

One year ago I was at my worst! I am so thankful for Sertraline because it has made all the difference!

Hang in there and good luck to you!

Great to hear a success story Jenni!!

Thanks

Rich

I've been on sertaline for 5 weeks now at first side affects were awful I've increased from 25mg and have been on 50 mg for 3 of the 5 weeks I'm hoping I won't have to increase mine as I'm on 2 propranolol aday as well doctor said until the sertaline kicks in.

I find starting a meds is much harder than going up to the max dose once I am on it....so don't worry darl. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by jwh View Post
    Hi,

Seen my GP yesterday, and he's suggested I go on 100mg of sertraline, I've been on 50 mg for three weeks now with all the usual side effects, now going to start 100mg tomorrow 4th Sept, my GP said I shouldn't have such a tough time as when I first started taking it as my body will be used to it, he also said it should do me the world of good (anxiety sufferer)he also said 50 mg was a low dose, and I should start to notice an improvement in the next few weeks, here's hoping !!!

John
    Hi John
    I started on 25 for a week then went up to 50 where I've been for 2 yrs.
    The side effects on 50 lasted for about 6 weeks
    In my opinion Drs are too quick to up the dose

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I agree, I am going to do this so slow and at only quarter of a pill. I'm so addicted to benzos now they don't really help as my idiot doctor kept me on them for 3 1/2 years and never changed Lexapro that did nothing for me (Ecitaopram.) I hear Sertraline is really great if you can tolerate it. I am absolutely terrified to be honest but just cannot shake my anxiety that has lasted 16 months now on my own so have no choice really but to give this a go but at my own pace. I am supposed to take 25mg too but it still sounds terrible and just think some people end up on over 150mg of this meds xxx

Thread Information