Hi,
I'm a new person here. I want to share my story with you to find some advice and help here.
It was a very stressful time one year ago due to family and job problems. At that time I was already taking zoloft and perfenasine (which is neuroleptic) from anxiety and panic disorder. At that stressful time I was always shaking and had some hand tremors. I went to a doctor and told him that. Doc told me that it could be neuroleptics that caused this. And advised me to cut it gradually and have a holiday. So I cut it and went to a seaside for couple of weeks. It normalized and everything was good. After my holiday I came back normal however I faced job problems again they fired people and cut wages. I was scared to be the next. So the next day after this bad news I woke up and felt how badly my head was shaking and jerking. It was constantly jerking. Like shivers or smth. I could not play video games and hold it still. Could not watch TV at all. Could not read and rest normally. It was even hard to look around. Also I had that feeling of a need to constantly move. I went to doc again and he told me that it was anxiety. He gave me some pills. After a couple of months the situation improved. And he told me to get back to that neuroleptic I used to take. Saying that it would help. I thought it was strange because at first he had told me to cut it off. Since that time my head has been regularly jerking on a daily basis and shaking when I work in front of computer or move my eyes when trying to see after something in action. I tried some muscle relaxants but nothing works. This jerking in neck is still there even when I am calm.
I started to question experience of my doctor. Who still believes it is anxiety. However I read on internet that neuroleptics may cause consequent movement disorders after it’s been stopped. And it seems to me like the cause of my problem is in taking these pills. I still frustrated about these problem and looking for new doctor. Meanwhile I’d like to know your opinion of what it may be and if this looks like medication-induced thing or really anxiety. If you have any advice please let me know. It’s been one year since I’m trying to solve it. Many thanks in advance.
Regards,
Alex