Thread: Radiation Exposure Worries

Smile Radiation Exposure Worries

Hello all, i'm recently going through a bout of worrying about radiation exposure from a pelvic and abdominal CT scan I had last year. I found this article from the Mayo Clinic that really put my mind at ease, and I wanted to post it for anyone else who is having a similar worry. It's a bit of a long read, but completely worth it. I hope this helps someone.

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org...15)00591-1/pdf

Re: Radiation Exposure Worries

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hello Lily. I am reading this a few years later but I just wanted to say thank you for sharing! I have a CT scan tomorrow and this has really helped put my mind at rest

I came across this a few year ago also and found it very comforting! I had 5 CT scans in a matter of days back in 2011 before and after emergency abdominal surgery and it weighed on my mind for a long time. This made me feel so much better!

Just to add onto this.....

I had six weeks of chemo and radiation for Stage 4a Head and Neck cancer. I had radiation 5 days a week for six weeks. Aside from the radiation that literally burned the skin off my neck and turned my mouth and throat to mush, I had a CT scan prior to the radiation to adjust the beams. 30 treatments (30 CT scans and then radiation in six weeks!) in total and I'm I'm still here so..... A few scans? Pffft...

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 18-01-20 at 16:16.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information