Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Had the worst day :(

Had the worst day :(

Just a little moan and I'm really feeling sorry for myself.

I was meant to have my tonsillectomy operation tomorrow , safe to say I was extremely anxious and stressed about it, reading all about it and how awful everyone says it is. I was trying to prepare myself mentally but was getting on a huge fizz.
    Well this morning I decided I need to go to the supermarket to buy some goods before my mum arrives to help me out for the next few days (I live with my boyfriend but he's not been supportive at all in this )
    Let's just say I had an incident in the car park and damaged another car.
    This set me off and I've not been able to stop crying since.
    The claims have been made, police involved etc. It's all getting sorted but it's all my fault.
    I've been in such a state that I've postponed my operation. I don't have a new date yet as they need to get back to me but I feel like such a failure.
    I should have stayed at home this morning, I should have gone ahead with my operation tomorrow that I'm dreading so much, I'm just a mess. My head is pounding and I feel sick.

I feel like things can't get much worse right now.
    :(

Re: Had the worst day :(

Oh Carrie

Did you know how many people have prangs in Supermarket Car parks?
    Thousands. We've had about six ourselves.
    It's just something that happens unfortunately. Don't beat yourself up over it. x

Maybe it was not the right time to have the OP. I normally say that things happen for a reason and as you sound really stressed, it's probably a good thing it is being re-scheduled. I don't think you can prepare yourself mentally. You are going to be scared no matter what. The best thing you can do is use this time to relax, eat healthy and get plenty of sleep so you are in best form for when you do have it done.

I feel for you, I really do. All my hates. Hospitals, doctors, operation, trust issues, recovery issues. But, your mum will help you through it all. x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Oh Carrie

Did you know how many people have prangs in Supermarket Car parks?
    Thousands. We've had about six ourselves.
    It's just something that happens unfortunately. Don't beat yourself up over it. x

Maybe it was not the right time to have the OP. I normally say that things happen for a reason and as you sound really stressed, it's probably a good thing it is being re-scheduled. I don't think you can prepare yourself mentally. You are going to be scared no matter what. The best thing you can do is use this time to relax, eat healthy and get plenty of sleep so you are in best form for when you do have it done.

I feel for you, I really do. All my hates. Hospitals, doctors, operation, trust issues, recovery issues. But, your mum will help you through it all. x
    Just what I needed to hear. Thank you Carnation.

Before it happened I was walking around the supermarket and I was just in a daze with thoughts of this operation. No wonder I had an accident in the car park afterwards.
    I know I need to get this operation out of the way, I'm just so scared. I feel like today I've taken several steps back.
    Mentally though, Im just shattered.

Sometimes don't you just wish the 'waving a magic wand' thing would work?
    X

Get that telly on, feet up with some comfort food and if you haven't got one, I highly recommend a comfort blanket; although a bit hot at the mo.

Just allow yourself to have some tlc. You've had a difficult day, but you dealt with it and tomorrow you can think a bit more clearly. x

I feel your pain.

I backed into a sign in a car park before because I was so anxious, any nearly drove into a parked car frantically trying to phone someone. Also supermarket nearly give me a panic attack at the best of times.

Do what you feel ready to do. It's really hard to push yourself to do anything out of your comfort zone let alone something that would make most people anxious.

Give yourself a couple of days to relax and try not to think about the op either way. its not going anywhere, maybe your mind can have a nice little rest.

Carrie, your insurance will sort this out for you. These incidents happen all the time in supermarket car parks-you will feel worse about it because of your op hanging over you. Cars can be sorted, the admin's a pain but it's no big deal and no one was physically hurt. Get a good night's rest and rearrange your op as soon as you can-going private it could be as soon as you want and at your convenience xx

Hi Carrie

Sounds like a rubbish day but honestly I am sure that we have all done something similar at one time or another.

I have lost track a bit. Is this operation really necessary or is there something else they can try?

I know that your HA is telling you that it is cancer but the medical professionals do not seem to back this up.

Perhaps this delay is for a reason.

thanks everyone

Elen - i've been told a tonsillectomy is the only way to relieve my symptoms (constant pain and discomfort from my enlarged tonsil )and at the same time, the only way to certainly rule out cancer when they send it for histology.

I know I didn't deliberately drive badly today, but I'm scared at how easily it happened. I'm anxious as it is, now I don't want to risk getting in my car again (a headline like 'crazy lady keeps bumping parked cars' springs to mind)

I'm going to re arrange my surgery, I want that date booked and I don't want to back out. I'm petrified (I was imagining the panic attack I would have not only before but after the surgery) but maybe this week wasn't the right time.

x

Get in your car tomorrow, Carrie. You won't have another prang and you don't want to become phobic about driving. It was an unfortunate mishap, that's all. The longer you delay driving again the longer the fear remains xx

How have you been today, Carrie? I hope you have felt less stressed xx

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information