Thread: Strange floaty head pressure

Strange floaty head pressure

So I'm incredibly stressed at the moment (family member's terminal illness + health anxiety = disaster in my mind) and the past couple of days I've been feeling very strange 'in my head'. Not dizzy - I don't feel like I'm going to fall over and can still do things like drive and exercise - but floaty and spaced out. It's almost like my head in filled with water and I can feel the waves, or like someone's rung a little bell in my brain. I don't feel sick at all but it's making me worried something is wrong and this isn't just anxiety. I also feel like there's this pressure in the front of my face even though my nose is completely clear today.

Anyone else had this bizarre reaction to anxiety?

Re: Strange floaty head pressure

Quote Originally Posted by JosieLouise View Post
    So I'm incredibly stressed at the moment (family member's terminal illness + health anxiety = disaster in my mind) and the past couple of days I've been feeling very strange 'in my head'. Not dizzy - I don't feel like I'm going to fall over and can still do things like drive and exercise - but floaty and spaced out. It's almost like my head in filled with water and I can feel the waves, or like someone's rung a little bell in my brain. I don't feel sick at all but it's making me worried something is wrong and this isn't just anxiety. I also feel like there's this pressure in the front of my face even though my nose is completely clear today.

Anyone else had this bizarre reaction to anxiety?
    Yes! absolutely. Still do although its going away.

Yes! Been there a few times. The first few times it happened to me I went to the Dr. and got put on antibiotics because they thought it was a sinus infection. But the most recent time it happened I realized it's happening during stressful times and that is the cause. It usually goes away after a week or two. The longest I've had it last was 3 weeks, that was after a camping trip. I describe it as I feel like I'm walking around on a bounce house or trampoline or I was bobbing in a boat. My head feels all strange, dizzy but yet not dizzy and its exhausting. Laying down and driving were the only things that made it stop.

I get this too.

No idea what causes it but I do worry about falling over when it happens.

Its like a head rush sort of thing like when you turn your head really quickly and sometimes like the floor is spongy and your bobbing up and down.

Its not nice.

Only time I don't seem to get it is when I am driving but I think that's because I am not thinking about it because I am concentrating on driving.

Definitely seems worse when tired or stressed.

Thread Information