Thread: Please help

Please help

Re: Existential panic and derealization
    I'm fifteen and over the summer I very suddenly started having intense existential derealization to the point where I can't function. These thoughts initially stemmed from a fear of nonexistence but have grown to questioning things like whether I have free will and why humans are the way they are and whether all I am is just chemicals and electrical impulses. I was put on mess a few weeks ago and they worked for a while but I just had a major collapse and I'm basically back at square one. I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm trapped inside of my senses, as if all I am is a sensory processing unit. It's hell. I've tried everything. I went to go see a therapist who told me that my best bet is just distracting myself, but that just seems to lead to more anxiety. Please help me. I'm not eating and barely sleeping, and lately I can hardly get through a class period without crying. I feel like there's no way out.
    Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Re: Please help

Distracting yourself is a skill you need to work on. A quick distraction isn't going to cure all. Are you continuing to see a therapist and have you spoken to your doctor about the meds?

Re: Please help

Yes and yes. Right now my main problem is just the minute by minute despair. I can't sleep because I don't want to have to wake up in the morning and eat and pee and go to school. It all just seems meaningless. Idk though. I've been reading up on some religious stuff, and I'm starting new mess tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

Thread Information