Thread: I'm worried about a nuclear war

I'm worried about a nuclear war

I had a nightmare where the US used a nuke and it woke me up and now I'm worried that a WW3 will start. I am on Fluoxetine which may be causing these dreams.

Re: I'm worried about a nuclear war

thats a very normal fear because its utterly out of normal peoples control, and there`s been news this week that north korea have launched their latest test missile

but behind the scenes of any government or alliance, there are people who know perfectly well that a nuclear war wouldn`t benefit anyone.

I get scared too that something huge may one day happen but I try to literally picture putting it away in a box until I can influence it in some way

not sure if fluoxetine can cause such dreams, I remember being on seroxat years back and my dreams were in full colour and seemed very real so I hope you feel better very soon

Well its not only you ,marority of events in the world like terorism acts etc scare us a lot and affect our subconstient mind and thats way you dream .You must pray every night and have confidence that god its most powerful that all on this world and will not let a ww3 to begin

Quote Originally Posted by georgewing View Post
    Well its not only you ,marority of events in the world like terorism acts etc scare us a lot and affect our subconstient mind and thats way you dream .You must pray every night and have confidence that god its most powerful that all on this world and will not let a ww3 to begin
    Unless you don't believe in God of course - in which case you're buggered!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
    Unless you don't believe in God of course - in which case you're buggered!
    Even if he did exist I'd not trust him. We've already had 2 world wars!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuatir View Post
    Even if he did exist I'd not trust him. We've already had 2 world wars!
    Third time lucky!

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    thats a very normal fear because its utterly out of normal peoples control, and there`s been news this week that north korea have launched their latest test missile

but behind the scenes of any government or alliance, there are people who know perfectly well that a nuclear war wouldn`t benefit anyone.

I get scared too that something huge may one day happen but I try to literally picture putting it away in a box until I can influence it in some way

not sure if fluoxetine can cause such dreams, I remember being on seroxat years back and my dreams were in full colour and seemed very real so I hope you feel better very soon
    Antidepressants are well known for causing vivid dreams, the side effects lists in the Patient Information Leaflets (PIL) will detail them. But aside from that, SSRI's are known to disturb REM sleep when you start them and this calms down eventually.

I still get vivid dreams years on from starting meds but then mental health issues like depression are known to bring them anyway.

Thread Information