Thread: Fullness feeling in rectum

Fullness feeling in rectum

I've been having a full feeling/dull ache in my rectum for about a week now and am freaking out a bit. It's more noticeable when I sit down or lay on it. I also have been having a dull ache in my vagina (ladies .. It's almost like when you have a period and it feels "heavy" down there) So double freaked out. I'm fairly healthy otherwise no blood in stool. Have had a little bit of weird "skid mark" ... So gross I know. I don't have kids if that helps. I'm terrified of going to the doctor and having her find something serious :(

Re: Fullness feeling in rectum

I had this for awhile, turned out to be my earliest symptom of fibroids.

Thanks Nancy I hadn't thought of that. My mom freaked me out last night and made it seem like I should see a doctor asap and my hubby is mad at her for freaking me out so much. I didn't get much sleep and I'm still worried. Still feel the pressure in my bum. Sometimes I'll get a sharper pain closer to the top near where your coccyx is and it's hard to ignore. Trying to not let myself spiral into bad thoughts .. Have done a fair bit of googling.

It sounds like proctalgia which can be very uncomfortable but is completely benign

Your description sounds exactly like a symptom I had recently. It was very uncomfortable. I went to the doctor and got examined, which was an unpleasant experience for all concerned.

I got a clean bill of rectal health, though. Nothing like walking down the street after finding out your butthole is in good nick. All I came away with was some Mebeverine for IBS. It did seem to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    Your description sounds exactly like a symptom I had recently. It was very uncomfortable. I went to the doctor and got examined, which was an unpleasant experience for all concerned.

I got a clean bill of rectal health, though. Nothing like walking down the street after finding out your butthole is in good nick. All I came away with was some Mebeverine for IBS. It did seem to help.
    I've never been diagnosed with ibs. Did they explain why you were feeling that fullness ?

It would I have Ibs and I have that all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by goldie84 View Post
    I've never been diagnosed with ibs. Did they explain why you were feeling that fullness ?
    It was a busy appointment in which I was worried about other things so she didn't even really say I had IBS. But she did tell me everything seemed fine and I had nothing to worry about, then prescribed an IBS medication.

I would assume that my own explanation of the symptoms and her examination of me led her to that conclusion.

Thanks for the info everyone. Today the dull achiness is not as apparent but I definitely notice it when sleeping or sitting. I'm hoping it'll fix itself? I didn't want to go to the doctor quite yet especially because I can feel my period coming on soon.

Thread Information