Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't stay at home, is anyone the same?

Can't stay at home, is anyone the same?

I've been really anxious lately, I won't go into details. But I feel so on edge and uncomfortable at home. I've stayed at my nans for 3 nights and my girlfriends the previous night. I don't know what it is about being at home but I feel so on edge. Does anyone else ever feel like this? :/

Re: Can't stay at home, is anyone the same?

Hi Ryan yes I feel like this too. I had my first panic attack at home, so I guess that could be why I don't like being at home. Like you I used to stay at my friend's house instead. Is there anything that could have happened to you at home that may have made you feel like this? Also, I like to keep myself busy and distracted so that the anxious thoughts don't creep back in to my mind, and I feel worried that I won't be able to distract myself enough at home. I'd rather be out with other people as it makes me feel safer from myself.
    Hope you're ok?

Hi yes its not that I cant stay in the house I really feel that I want to move house since this happened to me my home has become a negative place and all my ill health and anxieties I associate with my home not that it caused anxiety but ive had anxiety for the last 5 years of living here been here 16 years I have it in my head that if I move house and leave this negativity behind I will be better and I wont have anxiety if we sell up and move somewhere else.When ive been out and had a good time for a few hours I feel nervous going home because that is where I get a lot of symptoms and your home is whereyou are supposed to feel safe its a crazy mad disorder

Thanks for the replies guys.

I think I'm like it as I associate my home as the first place I had a panic attack 7/8 years ago and it is also the first place I started overthinking during this latest episode. However, majority of the time it's the one place I feel relaxed and safe.

I relate to what you're both saying. It's nice to know I'm not alone, even though it's not nice really

No problem Ryan
    I can totally relate to the whole first panic attack and overthinking that you experience. Have you ever tried therapy for this? Or seen a doctor?
    You're definitely not alone

I've been on medication for 7/8 years since 18. I'd been I n control (seemed to be since then) if my anxiety, it's only the last 4-5 weeks I've been bad again. I have been to the doctors last week who upped my meds and i also saw a therapist today. So things are on the up

P.s I'm at home and staying here tonight

That's really good that you've been in control of the anxious thoughts for such a long time. See you've got through it before, so you will get through this again. It's passed before so you will be able to regain control of these thoughts again. We all have these little 'blips' from time to time and it's nothing to beat ourselves up over.
    I'm glad you're getting help with this, as a therapist will be great to reprogramme your thoughts and to help you work through anything that's causing this.
    Well done for staying home tonight - that's a great step to take!

Thank you very much for your kind comments

I have improved in the last 4/5 days so that's definitely a positive step for me. It's all about having that positive mindset that you want to get better (easier said than done) but I believe I'll feel better in a number of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanla View Post
    I've been really anxious lately, I won't go into details. But I feel so on edge and uncomfortable at home. I've stayed at my nans for 3 nights and my girlfriends the previous night. I don't know what it is about being at home but I feel so on edge. Does anyone else ever feel like this? :/
    YES. When I am home alone, my anxiety is usually higher. For me I think it's because I'm alone with my thoughts and have no distractions ! I get pissed because home is suppose to be a safe place. Oh well , it too shall pass.

You'e welcome Ryan How did you get on last night? You will definitely feel better soon. As Brittany said, 'this too shall pass'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information