Thread: Going to the doctors with many symptoms for the first time

Going to the doctors with many symptoms for the first time

Hi all,

I'm 30 years old now but have had issues my entire life that I have never dealt with, basically ignoring them for fear of talking to the doctors about them. Amongst other I have the symptoms of:

- Social Anxiety/Anxiety
    - Attention deficit disorder
    - Numerical dyslexia

I'm fairly sure I suffer from all of the above, as I have spent most of my 20's researching my symptoms but never doing anything about it, even though the symptoms have had a significant impact on my life in that time.

I have booked a doctors appointment for later this week to discuss the above. However, I'm not sure whether to bring all of the above up at once. I'm worried that the doctor will think I am just a hypocondriac, or am making up the symptoms for some other reason.

Has anyone been in a similar situation where they have had several potential mental health issues that they have not mentioned to the doctors until later in life? Does anyone have any advice? The alternatve I suppose is to go to the doctors one by one for each of my symptoms and get treated seperately?

Thanks.

Re: Going to the doctors with many symptoms for the first time

It is good that you are finally going to a doctor. I would write them all down so you you don't miss any! Just be honest and explain that you've been like this for a while but have been scared to make the journey. Tell them you are ready to fight the issues and you need some help. I don't think you can do much else.

Thread Information