Thread: can anyone tell me the name of my phobia?

Question can anyone tell me the name of my phobia?

i have had a phobia since my early 20's that caused agoraphobia,panic attacks etc.it sounds silly but i have no idea what its called.i am absolutely petrified of having an attack of diarhoea when i am out.i cant leave the house without taking loperamide the day before so am unable to just get up and decide to go for a walk or a day out. is there a name for this(apart from being annoying?)
    also would hypnotherapy help,i have tried everything else but when you are forever scared to go out in case it happens,talking,breathing etc doesnt help i am 54 now and want my life back.
    thanks for reading this.x

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya punkabilly sue and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: can anyone tell me the name of my phobia?

thank you.xx

Diarrheaphobia ………. fear of getting diarrhea, usually accompanied with the fear of not being able to get to a bathroom in time, and of making a mess.

xx

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Hope this helps.

Your phobia is not silly! No one wants to have diarrhea in public, but allowing that fear to take over your life is the silly part! I had a fear of throwing up for 20 years! I actually did go to hypnotherapy and it did wonders for me! Don't allow your fear to take over your life, remind yourself that it is just a fear and you are not going to let it control you. I can tell you having my phobia for 20 years and surpassing it has made me the strong person I am today.

Hope this helps.

-Faith

Hi Punkabilly Sue. I am new to this site and joined this site because I feel alone in my anxiety and then I read your post, as it really resonated. It started about 20 years ago when the worst did actually happen, and I had diarrhea in a very public place. Little did I know then that that moment would change my life and my mental state. 20 years on and I worry about standing in queues, travelling on public transport, I have to know exactly where the toilets are, everywhere I go. I just wanted to let you know, that you are not alone. I don't have any words of wisdom, but for me, it helps to know I am not alone in this fear, and I wanted to let you know, you are not alone. I'm hoping this site will help me to work through some of this and I also wish you strength on your journey.

Thread Information