Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ven diaries

Ven diaries

Beginning a switch from cit to ven xr after cit seems to have stopped working so thought I'd write about the switch for anyone else looking to change over.

So step one of the plan is to cross taper from 20mg cit drop this to 10mg and add 37.5mg ven for two weeks.

Day 1: started this yesterday, feel a bit jittery today and a bit teary but I've been teary with depression for months. Slight sore head.

Re: Ven diaries

Hope it all goes well Debs and you start to feel better soon xx

How did you get on? X

My appointment is in 2.5 hours. Feeling nervous now, but only because I don't know what he is going to do. My mum is hoping that he doesn't change anything until we get back from holidays, but in a way I'm kind of keen to get it over and done with. Will let you know when I get back. In any case, he will make the decision about what is best and I will just do what he suggests.

Good luck lovely! Keep me posted x

Hi Debs! Well it looks like we are going to be Ven friends . I had my appointment, he had always talked about Duloxetine for the swap, then while I was in there he said pristique (not sure of spelling). Then he scribbled it out and said no, I will start you on Ven. So my plan now is to stay at 50mg Sert for another week, start 37.5mg of Ven for a week (keep the Mirtazapine at 15mg). I feel like a pharmacy some times with all the drugs I'm on. Anyhow, really looking forward to just moving forward and getting off the Sert and then once I'm stable the Valium. He said he could have decreased the Sert again but wanted to see what kind of effects I got from the Ven. Plus he said 50mg of Sert is the lowest theuraputic dose, so if he drops that again I will essentially have two drugs in my system which are both doing nothing. I felt really flat today which is new. But I guess everyone has those. So I will let you know how I get on tomorrow. So he said to take the Ven and the Sert at the same time. I usually take them around 9am. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow night. Xx
    Last edited by Mermaid16; 16-09-16 at 09:02.

Good luck to you both. I am hoping Sert works for me but its not at the moment, so I'm following this with interest as this is likely my next step. Cant stand this anymore :(

Good luck!

Rich

Hi Tracy,

Oh well looks like we will be going through the same thing. Ven friends! Hope it goes well, I've heard a cross taper can be very gentle as really the serotonin is being replaced rather than withdrawn but we're all different. We can compare notes.

Rich, hope Sert comes through for you but will note everything here incase you need to make the change.

Day 2: poor sleep, mild headache a few hours after taking, slight jitters still, no difference in mood (not that I expected any).

Day 3: tiredness, very mild headache on and off, slightly increased thirst. Again mood was low and some anxiety but no more than usual.

Hi Debs! Are you taking 20mg cit or 10mg cit plus the 37.5mg Ven. I think I'm going to ask to stay at 37.5 for another week as well because of our holiday. Feeling really unmotivated. I hope that improves. Think I will try get out of the house today even just for a drive to the shop. Fingers crossed this all goes well xx

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information