I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers concerning my wife. I haven't been on for a bit but I wanted to give you an update on what's going on. I'll limit the details as to not trigger anyone.

As I said, I took my wife to the local hospital ER on the 7th due to what appeared to be psychological issues with memory and psychosis. They did some tests and determined that it was most likely psychological in nature. On the 8th, we visited her GP and she was treated for a UTI (which was discovered in the ER). By the 10th it was apparent that something was terribly wrong. After calling the mentalhealth.gov hotline and speaking with a psychiatrist in the local area, I was told to take her to the ER in Winchester, VA. (25 minutes away) where they had the staff and facilities to determine what was going on.

Long story short, after a very scary 24 hours, she was diagnosed with viral encephalitis, which is a viral infection of the brain. We're 90% sure it was caused by the herpes virus. She's in serious but stable condition and currently being treated. She will be in the hospital for at least another 3 weeks. It's day to day concerning her recovery. Compared to where she was earlier this week, I'm seeing some light at the end of the tunnel but it's a very long tunnel. Bottom line is that we don't know what the long term prognosis is and won't for some time.

Anyway... that's where we stand. You continued prayers and positive thoughts are much appreciated.

Positive thoughts