Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on my Wife

Update on my Wife

I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers concerning my wife. I haven't been on for a bit but I wanted to give you an update on what's going on. I'll limit the details as to not trigger anyone.

As I said, I took my wife to the local hospital ER on the 7th due to what appeared to be psychological issues with memory and psychosis. They did some tests and determined that it was most likely psychological in nature. On the 8th, we visited her GP and she was treated for a UTI (which was discovered in the ER). By the 10th it was apparent that something was terribly wrong. After calling the mentalhealth.gov hotline and speaking with a psychiatrist in the local area, I was told to take her to the ER in Winchester, VA. (25 minutes away) where they had the staff and facilities to determine what was going on.

Long story short, after a very scary 24 hours, she was diagnosed with viral encephalitis, which is a viral infection of the brain. We're 90% sure it was caused by the herpes virus. She's in serious but stable condition and currently being treated. She will be in the hospital for at least another 3 weeks. It's day to day concerning her recovery. Compared to where she was earlier this week, I'm seeing some light at the end of the tunnel but it's a very long tunnel. Bottom line is that we don't know what the long term prognosis is and won't for some time.

Anyway... that's where we stand. You continued prayers and positive thoughts are much appreciated.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Update on my Wife

what a frightening time for you all, sending you all the love and positive thoughts possible from the other side of the pond my friend, we`re all rooting for you.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for you and your wife

This puts everything in perspective. Thank goodness you acted as swiftly as you did to get her to the best possible facility. The watching and waiting will be so hard. Wishing you strength and sending you positive thoughts at this very challenging time xx

Wow, that is very scary. Thank god you thought to keep pursuing help and got her into the hospital again. Thanks for updating us, been worried about you both. Sending more positive thoughts!!

Thinking of you and your wife Fishmanpaxx

Positive thoughts your way. Make sure that you look after yourself too during this stressful time.

Glad she is getting better in are prayers.

Look after yourself FMP, and get well wishes to your dear wife

I don't always venture into other areas of the forum (still discovering new subforums every day it seems!) so I hadn't heard much about this FMP. I am sorry that it is such a stressful time for you both but I'm thinking of you and will be sending well wishes your way.

Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information