Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on my Wife

Re: Update on my Wife

best wishes

We are here for you.

Day 10... Little change. She'll be in the hospital for the full 21 days of treatment and we'll see from there.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Best wishes FMP! Puts things a little more into perspective. Here's a person who has something actually wrong with her versus our worrying over little things.

I wish her a speedy recovery!

Absolutely. Sending you strength and positive thoughts, FMP. The watching and waiting must be very tough xx

All the best FMP. Hoping things will begin to get a little easier for you both very soon x

Hope she starts picking up.

Sending you positive thoughts as usual Fishmanpa x

In the meantime, you must keep strong and eat as healthy as possible so that you keep well and can be there for your wife.
    You have not mentioned it, but I hope your gout has improved or even disappeared.

You and your wife's wellbeing will be in my prayers x

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Absolutely. Sending you strength and positive thoughts, FMP. The watching and waiting must be very tough xx
    That's the hardest part tbh. The lack of sleep and anxiety/worry is one thing, the not knowing is far worse. I'm suffering from some physical effects from the stress too as in sleeplessness, nausea, lack of appetite etc.

The thing is, with this illness, the end result can be a full recovery to her needing 24/7 care. We just don't know at this point. As of now, she's a pretty sick little Chiquita :( She has moments of partial lucidity (knowing her name, my name, date etc.) to full blown delirium and it can change hour to hour.

I'll keep you all informed and as Sparkling Fairy said, it really puts things in perspective when it comes to HA fears. I would trade 100 "fears" and clear test results for what I'm dealing with any day.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

My son had a devastating brain virus affecting the cerebellum at 18 months. I know this will be no consolation but from being totally immobilised and critically ill he went on to make a full recovery despite a grim prognosis. The brain is so complex but your wife's best asset is you. Keep those positive thoughts flowing-the fact that she has some moments of partial lucidity is encouraging xx

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information