Thread: Scared and unsure what is happening

Scared and unsure what is happening

Hi everyone. I am 35, have 4 children and for the past couple years I have been generally feeling unwell. I'm not sure how this all came on but I believe I started to have anxiety and panic attacks. While I was pregnant I began to get feelings of lightheaded, heart racing, complete feeling that I was going to pass out and never get out. It got worse from there. I have now developed what seems to be health anxiety. Every small thing I feel or notice about myself I tell myself the worst is going to happen. I have cancer and am going to die. I am trying hard to control this but it seems to be winning. I believe my family now thinks I'm just crazy. I feel very scared and alone. I don't even want to tell people when I am feeling unwell because I feel they are laughing at me. The past week I keep getting rushing feeling to my head and my eyes feel weird like I will pass out. My face gets flush and hot. It lasts a short time then I feel a bit out of it in my head. I am so scared I will pass out one of these times and I can't help but think something is majorly wrong medically that I don't know about. Does this sound like anxiety to everyone? Or something I should get help for? I just don't want to be shrugged off by my doctor again. I'm scared and feel alone on this. I just want it to end so I can enjoy my life and not fear this feeling coming back. Thank you all for listening.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Jangre44 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Scared and unsure what is happening

Hi Jangre,

You have fallen down the anxiety well. It can be a dark place!!

Fortunately, you have a ladder.

You have already taken the first step. You realise you have a problem, and that it is irrational.

Just because you have a thought about something, doesn't mean its true. Stop identifying with your thoughts and fears.

Give your brain a rest, and break the cycle of worry regularly. Gradually, you will start to climb out, and feel a lot better.

Re: Scared and unsure what is happening

Thank you! I have been looking through a lot of information on the site, it's great to see all the helpful info.

I am very hopeful I can get past this and am so happy to be able to connect with people that are going through this or have been through this. I am trying to start by reassuring myself that I can push negative or unreasonable thoughts out of my mind and show myself more realistic ways of thinking and feeling. It's easier to say than to do I am finding.

Thank you for the kind words and reassuring words! It's very much appreciated.

Thread Information