Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bad night

Re: bad night

I am trying but with my symptoms it is hard.

the trouble is we all jump ten steps ahead in no time and its that critical few seconds to breathe and try our best to be logical that can make the difference

and by the way - I am mostly useless at doing this, I just know when you can manage it it really does help.

your symptoms might well be scary but try to wait until your doctor has had a look.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

I am trying

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 ----------

Its jsut hard keep thinking of daughter growing up alone

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

Well I am off wish me luck

The dr said it is inflamed but not throat cancer Thats why the bump is there, sorry health anxiety rearing its ugly head,

There's need to apologise, Beth, this type of reaction is to be expected until you work through recovery and gain more strength to control it.

I'm glad it all went well.

Perhaps talk in your therapy about this episode? Write down how you felt before, during & after. What have you learned from it. How would you like to be able to handle such flare ups in the future. For instance, you searched out a cancer diagnosis bit did you look for all other possibilities? So, next time what is a healthier strategy? And whether your recent trauma has been a catalyst of some kind or just weakened your defences.

I really think I am going to go back in feel like crap, think the dr missed something.

Think I need a second opinion or something

That's a classic HA issue. If the doctor was anything other than confident in their diagnosis, they would refer you off to check it out.

Since its an inflammation, how is it being treated? When the inflammation starts to reduce, that's going to prove it can't be what you feared because that would keep going.

So, can a waiting period be applied to allow treatment to do it's stuff and you see it improve?

Honestly, it took me ages to win that battle against the fear and learning to accept. It's of the hardest things to learn but it is possible. I found it took quite a long time for me and I still have my battles with some more ingrained elements but things are far better than when I was at my worst. Once you start seeing & feeling improvement you will feel less lost to it all and have more faith in yourself.

I am going back to the Dr on Friday, yeah I know its not good for HA but still nervous.

It's not a good idea to go back, Beth. Your therapist is right on this. It just feeds your HA because when will you be satisfied with the GP's opinion?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information