Thread: Throat pain causing panic

Throat pain causing panic

Hello guys I'm new here this is my first post on this forum.
    I need a lil help.

My anxiety has me blind. A few years ago I had anxiety so bad that I was going to the doctors up to 3-4 times per week and it's not that close to me so aside from the co pay it was also gas money. It got costly and my anxiety was wild at one point my therapist wanted me to do a week in a psych ward. But that was my wake up call and I got on meds and was good for a few weeks then it started again but it's more manageable now.

So my main concern right now. Sudden sharp pain in both side of my throat that it shut up to my ears. It was a second of pain but it took my breath away. Just minutes before I was drinking a soft drink that it irritated my throat, it felt scratchy and I was coughing to clear the sensation. Could this have been a muscle spasm following the irritated throat or something bad is happening? My throat is off right now at time I feel it getting a sore throat and then like there's something there flicking at it. my throat has always been my fear. Since it's what allows you to breath. Just I'm afraid of that closing up or getting obstructed or something. I have been clenching my teeth/ jaw a lot today that I can feel it in my teeth. So a tense throat?

My throat feels dry when I swallow saliva :(

I don't know if I should call it in or ignore it see what happens. Or go to the ER??? I just.. Don't know.. I'm panicking what if it is something bad??

---------- Post added at 03:53 ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 ----------

Also I was at a park having a picnic. When this sensation hit a strung wind was blowing. It was also a bit cold. So maybe the environment. Pollen or something?

Re: Throat pain causing panic

Anyone??

My allergies always cause me a sore and itchy throat. I'd just ignore it and if it persist for more than a week or two then you should get it checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAge View Post
    My allergies always cause me a sore and itchy throat. I'd just ignore it and if it persist for more than a week or two then you should get it checked out.
    It passed, but thinking about what I felt "haunts" me, now I have something different going which is I feel like blood fills my mouth and I feel an icy burn travel up my esophagus a lil prior to getting the sensation.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information