Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Citalopram to Fluoxetine.

Re: Citalopram to Fluoxetine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Rider View Post
    That is a side effect Kiwi, I sweat more now and my GP explained that that is one of the effects.

Hi Gary, you are not a druggy, lol. Just tell your GP what you would like, he is there to help you and not for you to make his job easier and thats all you need remember, he works for you, we pay them from our taxes. Are you on any antidepressants?
    I just get the impression it's frowned upon to take more than required, however it's been a brutal few months for me, but it still makes me really nervous to ask when I've taken too many. For real reasons, such as two bereavements. I get diazepam rarely, so don't even bother asking. I'm on anti depressants and have been for 8 weeks, and hoping they start to help. I am trying, but I have asked a few times in a few months for one pill when I ran out, and those occasions were during the death of my grandad, now my gran has gone, his wife, so it's an absolutely torture period for me and all my family. Is it perfectly acceptable to explain why I took extra, and ask for two days before my new script in two days? I have the funeral on Thursday, then my wife goes on holiday the following day, so I'm on my own for a whole week. I don't think '' we pay doctors wages ''. I think that's unfair. I work for the council, and hate it when someone says '' I pay your wages ''

Hi Gary, I'm really sorry to hear what you've been going through xx I think it might be worth being honest with your gp, and just explain what's been happening, the distress its been causing you, and how its worsened your sleep. I know its difficult to discuss, but they really aren't there to judge and I'm sure they'll understand. they upped my dose of zopiclone when I was going through a really bad patch. xx hope it all goes ok with the gp hun xx which antidepressants are you on if you don't mind me asking? xx
    Last edited by Kiwi_87; 24-09-17 at 20:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi_87 View Post
    Hi Gary, I'm really sorry to hear what you've been going through xx I think it might be worth being honest with your gp, and just explain what's been happening, the distress its been causing you, and how its worsened your sleep. I know its difficult to discuss, but they really aren't there to judge and I'm sure they'll understand. they upped my dose of zopiclone when I was going through a really bad patch. xx hope it all goes ok with the gp hun xx which antidepressants are you on if you don't mind me asking? xx
    Thank you for the advice. I just hate asking, but I need these pills, they keep me partly sane. And have helped, and have helped me live a normal life. Only recently have things became this bad, and that's when I agreed to start anti depressants. Do you think doctors can outright refuse when you run out of pills, especially controlled substances? Leaving the patient with none for two days, which would effectively make me way worse. I take Zolpidem 10mg and have done for many years, and it's always helped. I am taking setralinee.

they can do sometimes xx if they do you could always ask for other sedative alternatives which you can take on a daily basis, such as a low dose of trazadone or quetiapine in addition to your sertraline xx are you due for a review soon of the sertraline? xx
    Last edited by Kiwi_87; 24-09-17 at 21:36.

they can do sometimes xx if they do you could always ask to try a sedative which is safer to take on a daily basis such as a low dose of trazadone or quetiapine in addition to your sertraline xx are you due for a review soon of the sertraline? xx
    It's not good if they can sometimes. I was kind of hoping anyone with advice on how to ensure that doesn't happen and they give me two days to make up the extra taken. I have only been taking setraline for 8 weeks.

well there's no way of you ensuring that doesn't happen. its up to your gp ultimately, and they can and do, withdraw medications when they feel a patient is building up an unhealthy tolerance. sleeping pills like zolpidem are notoriously addictive. your best bet is to completely honest with your gp since if they are going to supply you with more, they are going to need to know why. they may give you an increased dose, they may not. none of us on this forum can promise to guarantee you the outcome you want with your gp, and we would be lying if we said we could. I really hope it goes well for you and wish you all the best with the gp. xx

well there's no way of you ensuring that doesn't happen. its up to your gp ultimately, and they can and do, withdraw medications when they feel a patient is building up an unhealthy tolerance. sleeping pills like zolpidem are notoriously addictive. your best bet is to completely honest with your gp since if they are going to supply you with more, they are going to need to know why. they may give you an increased dose, they may not. none of us on this forum can promise to guarantee you the outcome you want with your gp, and we would be lying if we said we could. I really hope it goes well for you and wish you all the best with the gp. xx
    Hi, I only managed to get an appointment with a advanced nurse. My GP surgery is a disaster, they make you phone at 8:45 am, and first come first serve for appointments, and they don't let you book appointments for the future, unless it's a follow up, and because I tend to see my doctor more often, I get told to phone. Anyway, it's always been that way. By 9:15 all the doctors were taken. The nurse only gave me one tablet, and said normally a doctor would need to see me, so I was to phone the next day and get an appointment. I said I'm not wasting an appointment someone else can have to go over the same stuff. I took one, and accepted it. Obviously they are strict with this drug and I need to not run out again. I now have to go to my grans funeral tomorrow, and it's making me nervous. She has been ill for years, and I rarely seen her, but I'm concerned about how I'll feel. I'm not sad, I'm glad she's gone, as she had Alzheimers, and she had no life. But at the same time, it's my gran, and I don't know if I've already made my peace with it. It feels like I have, because I'm not as scared of the funeral as I was my Grandad. He went suddenly, with no warning, so it was shocking.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread Information