Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram to Fluoxetine.

Re: Citalopram to Fluoxetine.

Hi Mermaid, I already take omega 3 and vit D supplements and I do think they help a little.

As to my thoughts and arguments, it when I see or read about something, health, finance or anything that can get me anxious. My brain will suggest that I have that illness or finance problem etc, either now or in the future and will argue and go looking in my subconscious for proof to justify itself.

This is a rough day so far, 17.00 hrs. Anxiety is quiet high and worried about things that shouldn't happen.

No brain zaps at all today, I just feel numb. I feel there is a link between feeling happy and the brain zaps.

Another feeling low day. Still no zaps, sleep was so so, 3hrs and then another 3 hours but disturbed.

Head feels numb, stupid thoughts still there.

Went for a bike ride, 10 miles, felt good whilst out but once back the thoughts return. Still no zaps, very odd.

As of 4 pm mild zaps have returned and I feel much better, so we are going out and then home to watch Strictly Dancing as my wife loves this and we recorded last nights.

As of 10.30 pm still have zaps and still feel good, a couple of glasses of wine help too.

Bed at 12.00.
    Last edited by Bike Rider; 10-10-16 at 11:31.

Good to hear you felt good whilst out! Have you had any therapy or read any books to help with your thoughts? I think it could be the way you are reaction to them which is the problem. Unfortunately the medication won't get rid of all the thoughts, it just hopefully puts you in a better place to deal with them.

Dat 14 off Cit and day 11 on Fluox.

Funny sleep again 3.5 hrs and then 3 hours, but at least that good for me.

Feel dull and my head feels heavy, stupid thoughts racing around. Mornings have never been my best time of day and these thoughts and worries just take the opportunity to hi-jack my mind.

No brain zaps.

Now before you all say its the booze, when starting the Cit some 12 months ago I didn't drink for about 4-5 weeks incase it reacted with the pills, I then laid off again some 6 months into the tablet course to see if anything changed and apart from realising that too much alcohol, whilst in these moods doesn't help, a little made no difference.

http://www.headmeds.org.uk/ an interesting site which gives you the best advise on pills, I think. It lets you know what you can and cannot do whilst on them.

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Hi tom87, I suffer with what my GP calls single anxiety syndrome and it does make sense, even though I cannot find anything about it. I work myself up into a panic state worrying about something and then when I have that sorted in my mind, something else comes up.

At the moment I have 4 things going round on a loop to keep me anxious and as I finally finish with one, my brain/subconscious, whatever, find something else to make up the numbers. Just recently and more worryingly, it/they have started imagining things to worry about.

Therapies include, mindfulness, meditation, acupuncture, counselling (NHS was poor, private is ok) clinical hypnotherapy.

Out for another bike ride, this time no buzz. Usually when I go up a tough hill, at the top I am knackered but get a very big "high", endorphins/serotonin? who knows, but today nothing.

No brain zaps at all today and I feel very down. Must be a connection somewhere.

15 off and 12 on.

Disturbed (by our cat) sleep and still feeling low this a.m.

Acupuncture/meditation has not helped today, clinical hypno this p.m.

Still no brain zaps, is there a link?

Went under ok during hypno and they said that I was responsive whilst under, but still not happy.

Head feels heavy and dull, nothing cheers me up and looking for things to keep me down.

Still no zaps.

Have you read any of Paul David's books? you can also have one to ones with him and he helped me have a full recovery from wild anxiety. I had 2 years of bliss, got married, moved house etc, anxiety did not exist in my life and pretty much doesn't now. I am on the forum now as I am working through pure obsessions now after a stressful time which is a little different, the GAD or whatever you want to call it, very rarely touches me.

You don't want to be putting different labels on things such as 'single anxiety syndrome' .. everyones anxiety reacts in different ways. There is no definition of what a suffer of anxiety 'should' be experiencing. Everyone suffering with it, worries about different things, a different number of things, completely random things and they are all constantly flying in at different times and different rates.

Some sufferers could count their worries with their hands. I would of needed sheets and sheets of A4 paper to of written mine down.

I do feel the longer your doctor leads you to believe it is a special case then you really are going to struggle to get over it. Your GP may well be talking the truth but at the end of the day it is anxiety and getting to the root of it and how you treat it, is all the same.

Paul David was pretty much as low as it can be and to be honest with all that I tried for anxiety, his way was the only way to start recovering. Acupuncture etc is trying to rid yourself of something which is not the way.

Give his book a read, don't go on the forums for a couple of weeks and just see what happens, you will have periods of relief and in time those periods will get longer.

You can recover and you will recover

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information