Thread: fear of driving

Wink fear of driving

hi just wanted to ask if anyone else has tried hypnotherapy to help with a fear of driving. i have phoned a few who have said they can help but this is very expensive and i can not claim any money back. would really love something that could help me. look forward to any suggestions or just a chat. thanks desi

Re: fear of driving

yeah i'm a bit scared of driving too ._.

luckily due to my hippy side i can quite happily claim the reason i don't is because it pollutes too much lol

for me it's not so much the car that scares me, or the bike or whatever (mopeds rule!), but the busy roads and angry drivers and congestion and stuff, the having to drive in a certain way. does that make sense?

give me a dirt road and a car or moped and i'd love to have a play around hehe a 4x4 in a desert or moped on a dirt road that would be so fun!

sorry, i digress do you find a similar thing though? maybe you could try driving in a wide open space with no restriction so you can play around ,that's what i should do.

i'm not sure about hypnotherapy, it may work but i dunno, maybe there are simpler and cheaper things to experiment with first

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I dont like driving but just feel its a necessity.
    Its my freedom, but i find i avoid places wheres where there are traffic jams.
    Ive thought seriously about hympnotherapy but im helping myself now and gradually puttin myself into situations where there are traffic jams.
    I find i can cope as long as ive got my mobile with me cus if i start to panic i can always leave the car and get a taxi home.
    Thankfully so far i havent needed to.

take care
    Lynn xx

Hi Lynn

Hypnotherapy can be very effective for fears such as this.

If one to one sessions are too expensive you might like to consider this Overcoming Fear of Driving hypnosis download.

I hope this helps.

Karen x

Hi
    I have started to take driving lessons again which seem to be helping, it as given me confidence knowing i have a instructor at the side of me with dual control that can take over if i panic.
    Ive had 4 lessons so far and each week we are doing a little more driving through traffic lights etc, so far so good i feel i am getting alot more confident.

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Thread Information