Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am really scared

Re: I am really scared

Yes i disagree with the GI. i never loose weight its just not computing with me at all

So you are disagreeing with an expert who has had years of training, who deals with these issues all day, every day - and diagnosing yourself with bowel cancer because you've lost weight. Can you see how irrational this thinking is Kay?

Its not just the weight loss its my BM that hasnt returned to normal

To be honest with your level of anxiety it isn't surprising

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

I'm not sure why you are having a colonoscopy if your bloods are normal and he says there is no indication of cc. It's just giving you even more anxiety and it's an invasive procedure

I assume because he wants to confirm his own diagnosis of post infection IBS, and possibly to check whether there is any infection left anywhere. He will be considering that there are some symptoms which are clearly distressing to the patient so worthy of examination.

It does add to the anxiety in these two weeks but may help going forward when there is objective proof of what may be going on. Nothing that can be done in the mean time and should help knowing your feelings are being taken into consideration and they are seeing this through.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay8010 View Post
    Its not just the weight loss its my BM that hasnt returned to normal
    Kay, in a previous post you said that you had been eating less than normal, so you must have reduced your calories. Less calories = weight loss. You know this is the way to lose weight, why are you ignoring the obvious connection there?

As for the bm's, I replied to another post of yours, explaining that cancer does not shrink a bit and come back, then shrink again - you also said that your stools were sometimes normal, as well as the thin, flat type. This is not symptomatic of cancer, where symptoms appear, and get progressively worse. To be honest, I'm not sure why this colonoscopy is happening either, but feel it may because you have pushed for it. That's the wrong reason for it to be done.

If the GI suspected colon cancer, you would have had the colonoscopy immediately.

The good news is that if your colonoscopy is clear, you are good for a minimum five years.

Just relax and have your colonoscopy when it is due. When it comes back clear, as I am sure it will, you will have years when you don't need to worry.

Hi all

Thanks for all your responses.

If I may just clarify. The last time I had a normal BM was 2 weeks tomorrow since then they have been small, thin and loose, can a tumor grow so much within 2 weeks?

Also this morning I had what I can only describe as a 'reddish smear' within the poop on the toilet paper, I did eat some jelly sweets last night some were red, pink etc. could this cause it? Obviously I am 100% confident it was blood!

I feel that the GI saying is 100% not cancer is very naive of him, he didnt even ask how much weight I have lost in how many weeks etc....maybe he just said that to me to make me feel better, who knows! All I can do now is wait for the colonoscopy and what will be will be, cancer, if it is this I will have to pray its not advanced, spread and it can be cured...

I am in a very very bad place at the moment and I really do not think my body can take anymore stress....I am totally beside myself, I just want to crawl into bed and stay there until the procedure as it feels like I cannot cope!

---------- Post added at 08:50 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mercime View Post
    Kay, in a previous post you said that you had been eating less than normal, so you must have reduced your calories. Less calories = weight loss. You know this is the way to lose weight, why are you ignoring the obvious connection there?

As for the bm's, I replied to another post of yours, explaining that cancer does not shrink a bit and come back, then shrink again - you also said that your stools were sometimes normal, as well as the thin, flat type. This is not symptomatic of cancer, where symptoms appear, and get progressively worse. To be honest, I'm not sure why this colonoscopy is happening either, but feel it may because you have pushed for it. That's the wrong reason for it to be done.
    I have not pushed for the colonoscopy the GP has referred me and last night the GI just said lets do a colonoscopy but he is confident he will not find anything

---------- Post added at 09:15 ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mercime View Post
    So you are disagreeing with an expert who has had years of training, who deals with these issues all day, every day - and diagnosing yourself with bowel cancer because you've lost weight. Can you see how irrational this thinking is Kay?
    I have kept a food diary for about 2 weeks now, before this all started my partner and I both went to the GP (end July) as he had belly ache and change in BM as me.....the weight started to drop since this day till now....my calorie intake a day before this would have been approx 2200 plus snacking I assume, due to anxiety I always weigh myself once a week and my weight was constant till after July 28th), I have telly'd up just for this week so far (Mon-Thu) I have consumed 4543 in total, this could cause weight loss right? My thinking is irrational as all my symptoms point towards cc...this morning I had a red smear in my poo on the toilet paper (sorry TMI) but I have no one else to talk to...it also feels that it is not completely finished and I still have lots in there but it wont come out (so to speak).

Just really scared.

Hi Kay,

So sorry you're still feeling so bad. I think the colonoscopy will bring all of this anxiety to an end. You will probably find that your bm's will go back to normal when you find out that you are ok.

Have you eaten anything with red peppers in it over the last few days? I have had the red smears on the tp when wiping as well and can normally trace it back to something red that I have eaten.

Hope you feel better soon

Had a few strawberries on Wednesday but surely that would have come out already...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information