Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I am really scared

Re: I am really scared

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Will you sleep tonight?

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Think positively...I know easier said than done and coming from someone who has their own HA!

I think GPs know so little about the GI tract that they don't know what to do with people that have continuing bowel issues. My doctor fully admitted to me that she could only do so much before sending me to a general surgeon or GI. Believe it or not, I asked her to do all of the tests (parasite / ova, stool analysis for bacteria and digital rectal exam, blood work) or she would have just chalked it up to stress or IBS. I think there is also a fear in GPs that they could misdiagnose. It's like breast cancer - if you think you've found a lump they'll always refer you for a mammogram / ultrasound even if they don't feel it or in my case earlier this year to a breast surgeon. I think they always err on the side of caution...and in 99% of cases, it turns out to be nothing. Unfortunately, it just creates added anxiety for us because we think being referred for a colonoscopy definitely means something bad.

Good luck! I'm sure all will go well.

I think i need to be sectioned under mental health issues! I cant do this anymore

GI reckons its post infectious IBS. ive prob picked up an infection and my bowels are still not recovered. He is adamant its not cc! I have the colonoscopy on Oct 5th.

Yes!! That must make you feel much better, right????

Not really lol. 13lbs weight loss in 8 weeks hmmmmm smells of cc to me

So you disagree with the GI?

Could be all kinds of things...colitis and crohns cause weigh loss. So do less serous things like parasites, etc, etc.

Plus like you said you've really lowered your caloric intake!

So now the count down for the colonoscopy, it is good that he hasn't got you in any sooner as he will see these symptoms everyday and what is a red flag to us mere mortals (weight loss, pains) aren't quite as red to the experts. They prod and they poke and they know what they are looking for.

I know it will do very little to stop you thinking all the bad stuff as that what HA does to us.

Hypothetically, if he had have said it was cancer today what would you now be doing differently? Hypothetically if it is cancer when he looks on the 5th (and it is doubtful that his expertise will have this wrong) then will you look back on these two weeks and wish you made more of them?

I hope you find some distraction and get to spend some time doing things you used to enjoy. Xx

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information