I remember I had stomach issues as an elementary school student. They persisted in high school and I remember that as a college student I had a chronic diarrhea episode which lasted more than a month and made me lose weight because I was scared to eat things that might upset my stomach. I had a colonoscopy done around that time (it was back in 1993) which came out fine. Shortly after the colonoscopy I recovered from that flare-up. I still had many different episodes of pain and diarrhea all through my young adult life. I remember I had moments which I would wake up with a stabbing pain in my lower abdomen that would only be resolved by going to the bathroom and passing stools (or diarrhea).

Fast forward to 11 years ago (2005) and I had a bout with chronic diarrhea again. I had another colonoscopy which came out clear again. This time the doctor diagnosed me with IBS.

Now fast forward to 2016 (I am 44 years old now) and here I am again with a long episode of chronic diarrhea with some abdominal pain, stomach rumbling noises, heartburn and other symptoms. I know it's my IBS acting up again but I'm scared that this time it is the big one, the big C. I am 95% sure it is nothing and it's just my IBS acting up again but that 5% of uncertainty has me all worried. It is worth noting that this last episode has coincided with a period of a lot of stress and anxiety for me due to some health issues with my wife as well as other health anxiety symptoms which affect me. I may need a little reassurance here as I am desperate.

Thank you,