Hi everyone,

i have just been reading through alot of posts about lung cancer inparticular. this has been a big fear of mine for around 4 years or so, it did go away, but now its back again the last month or so.

i am 28 and do suffer with asthma, so always have a cough and slightly wheezy which has ignited my fire i think lol. i even ask my mum if my cough has got worse. Not that i can discuss my anxiety with my mum as soon as i mention something she just tells me to stop been stupid.

havent had an xray for some time about 3 yrs, but been checked out lots and lots by the doctors and respiratory nurse etc. Something interesting me and my partner have noticed about me, is that although i cough alot, i dont necessarily need to cough when i do it, if im preoccupied and busy, i dont! and i dont through the night either which i find quite interesting. I read a post by someone called arron on here which was interesting about psychosomatic cough which is what i think i am doing.

anyways i think my fear came to ahead today, after i had been cleared following a lump on my tongue that i was concerned about was actually a saliva gland. So thats left me with just this one worry. Plus a pain in my back which only seems to appear when i think about it.

Anyways, reading the posts here tonight, ive decided, who needs doctor google?!!? he makes me feel worse. Im searching my symptoms on here or writing a post in the hope of overcoming my health anxiety. SO i just wanted to say thannks guys