Hey everyone,

First time posting here but I'd like to share my story. I had been a heavy smoker for the last year and a half, 5 joints a day roughly. I was in Amsterdam and had a really bad panic attack which hadn't happened to me ever before so I started talking about quitting. I'm also an athlete and wanted to see how I would play without the green.

So I decided to quit cold turkey. I honestly didn't think I was addicted, like every addict tells them self and the first week I felt totally fine. About day 10 was where I began having the physical symptoms. Cold sweats, weakness in one side of my body, throbbing head aches, constant muscle spasms, DP and DR.

Obviously I wasn't sure what was happening to me at the time so I went to the hospital and had every test under the sun. Blood work, ecg, CT scan on my head, mri of my head and everything came back great. I hadn't looked into weed causing all of this yet and was feeling like I was losing my mind. The doctors told me I was having anxiety and I didn't understand why I had never dealt with it before.

Finally I started researching more and found out about PAWS, and let me say that this is awful. I had never experienced any health anxiety prior in my life and now I have it almost every other day. I had a football game last weekend and after the game I felt like I had a brain hemmorage so I went to the doctor and had a CT scan again and of course nothing showed up. This is so rough I know it's the anxiety causing all of these physical symptoms but they just won't go away and I tell myself to fight through it and pray everyday. Some days I feel great and others are just plain atrocious.

Anyways I continue this battle daily and just wanted to say I'll be praying for everyone on this board. It is a true struggle but I believe we will all pull through!