Thread: Help panic

Help panic

Hi

I carnt get to sleep

My body keeps filling with panic.

I'm panicking about something I carnt change and I'm so scared I feel like I'm going to loose my job. I went to the doctors yesterday she prescribed me beta blockers I hope they help. My big symptom is I get hit with an over whelming feeling of dread and my mind rushes full of negative thoughts that I convince my self are true. I don't know what to do I feel like I'm having a nervous breakdown. I pray I get some releaf when i start the tablets in the morning.
    Please someone help me tell me this does get better even if I carnt change the situation I am in

Re: Help panic

Hi Nathan,

I am the same at moment i am in a hotel room waiting to go to hospital tomorrow, my anxiety is at its worst for years i am taking 40mg Propranolol i dont like taking medication but need it to get me through, soon as i get better i am going to make a lot of lifestyle changes like keeping fit and eating more healthy going out more ect which i know will make a difference .

You will be fine once you start on the medication is does help, stay positive

Mike

Thank you for your reply I hope your situation improves too

Quote Originally Posted by 3535nathan View Post
    Hi

I carnt get to sleep

My body keeps filling with panic.

I'm panicking about something I carnt change and I'm so scared I feel like I'm going to loose my job. I went to the doctors yesterday she prescribed me beta blockers I hope they help. My big symptom is I get hit with an over whelming feeling of dread and my mind rushes full of negative thoughts that I convince my self are true. I don't know what to do I feel like I'm having a nervous breakdown. I pray I get some releaf when i start the tablets in the morning.
    Please someone help me tell me this does get better even if I carnt change the situation I am in
    Hi

I have anxiety and was given beta blockers by my GP a few years. I was having panic attacks at the time where I could not sleep, was crying, had chest pains and had so mach negative thoughts in my head and the horrible feeling on dread. At the time I thought I was having a breakdown as I was under a lot of stress at the time. However my GP diagnosed me with anxiety. I had just finished University and had started a new job at the time. Beta blockers were a god send to calm me. I also find deep breathing can help calm me down as well. Give the beta blockers a chance, if they work that's great, if they don't then there are other medications that can help with anxiety.

All the best.

Punky fish thank you

Try to remain positive and focus on things that beta blockers will help you out a positive thinking about meds help them to have better results .Also try to practice meditation ,yoga see and try what hapens

Try to focus on something else and do things that you like to do.

Thread Information